Chapter Twenty Five- Team Chaotix is on the Case!

you groaned as your head was slumped down, closing your ears in the process. It had only been an hour since you met the team, and they were still arguing non-stop. It had been such a happy time when they said they'll help you find the 3rd emerald, without a doubt in your mind. Now those doubt came, as the bickering group was starting to get irritating. It was like watching kids fighting for a piece of candy! You laid on the couch as the fight continued.

You were wondering if this was a 'professional' agency at all, by the behavior of the team, it was hard to say. Truthfully, you didn't understand the cause of this, they were arguing about their self-centered opinions! This is gonna take some time.

You jumped by the loudness of the crocodile, Vector yelled a bit irritated himself, "I'm telling you guys! The emerald is right there!" Pointing an area on the spread-out map.

You and the rest are still hanging in the living room, Charmy went off to his room and brought the map so we could find out the location of the emerald. They pinned some of the areas on the map as they researched, but ended up fighting in the process.

Charmy shook his little head, "no way! Its definately there!" Pointing to another area.

Espio and Mighty also came into the coversation, bursting out their ideas.

You sigh again, as you took short glances to the clock hanging on the wall, you couldn't believe that it had only been an hour. Little Ray, who had been in his room, walked over to you and sat on the other side of the couch. He smiled a bit, and you smiled back.

"You okay, (your name)...you look a bit sad.." Ray asked with his head cocked side ways.

You replied smiling wider a bit, "nothing wrong Ray, just bored."

Ray said, "Well, do you want to eat something, or watch a movie maybe?"

You giggled at his kindness, "its alright, I'm fine." You patted him in the back.

Ray pouted as you giggled at the action, "c'mon (your name), we can have so much fun! Me and charmy can lighten up your mood."

You shook your head at his childish act and laughed. Ray laughed with you, happy he could make you feel better.

Ray suddenly notice your backpack hanging on your shoulder, he asks after he finished his laughing fit, "what's that for?" Pointing to the bag.

You, forgetting the backpack, looked a bit surprise to find it. You replied him, "oh! Its the things I might need during the trip."

Ray nodded his head, then Mighty called both of you over. They were still arguing as they had upset faces.

Mighty asks, "we need your opinion! Where do you think the emerald is?"

You slightly flinched, Mighty pointed out all the pins that pointed out, you scanned them a bit, not really knowing what to answer.

Most of the places that they picked out seemed all to familier to you, like you've passed those areas with the other teams.

You turned to Ray, wondering if he had an opinion, he had a finger scratching his head as he answered, "To be honest, I don't think the emeralds anywhere in there."

You agreed, the others looked tired and depressed to hear that answer.

Espio rubbed his temples, "too bad we don't have an emerald right now, it'll be a lot more help..."

Your eyes fixed on Espio, your brain trying to process what he had said. You blurted, "what?"

They all turned their eyes to you, Espio raised a brow and repeated, "To bad we don't have an emerald right now, it'll be a lot of help..."

Just like that, you brain brighten as an light bulb shined on top of your head. You rummage through your bag, trying to find the objects needed.

You heard Vector said, "is there something you need?"

You didn't reply, you continued to rummage the bag when you found the blue emerald. You took it out as everyone eyes widen a bit.

You walked to Espio, handing it to him, you said, "find it."

Espio, a little startled, nodded his head and began examining the gem. The others stayed quiet, wanting to see what the chamelion is doing. He mumbled a few words as the gem glowed. You gasped, and continued to see the magic of the gem.

Espio eyes suddenly changed color from orange to red. His purple skin glowing a bit darker, his horns were the only thing that was kept the same.

Suddenly, it all vanished and he stumbled to stand up, he held the rim of the table. He soon quickly said, "its in downunda..."

Vector clapped his hands, "good show Espio, now we must get going, so pack your bags boys!"

The rest quickly scurried away, as the began packing up for the adventure. You helped Espio, who looked as if he was going to faint, to the couch.

Not likeing the silence, you asked the guy a question, " how did you do that?"

Espio looked up as he questioned back, "do what?"

You slightly fiddled with your fingers, "with the emerald..."

Espio stood silent for awhile, as he answered, "I learned that from Knuckles..."

Your eyes widen, you were about to say something when he handed you the emerald. He stood up and said, "I best get ready, we'll talk later.."

You nodded your head understanding as he left you alone. You sigh and laid on the couch, waiting for the rest to finish.