Chapter Eighteen- your Grumpy Companion!

the sound of the missiles seem to be heard all around you. Your head was throbbing as you had fell into someone else. You had your eyes close, as you opened them slowly, you were face with crimson eyes.

You screamed in shock as you scattered away from the form you had fallen into. The form was a mobian, infact a hedgehog. He is black with red streaks on his quills, arms, and legs. He is wearing matching gloves, rings around his wrist and ankle,  and some strange shoes.

The hedgehog glared at you as he stood up, wiping the dirt on his quills and fur. You stuttered to say something. The hedgehog hadn't left his menacing glare at you as he had finish grooming himself.

You finally was able to croak, "sorry, for knocking you to the ground..."

He paused for a moment, than nodded his head, as if telling 'its okay'. His scowl face soon turned into a straight face, which to you is better than the scowl one. The hedgehog was about to turn around and walk away when you said, "w-wait! I need help!"

He soon stopped and turned to you, eyeing you. He said, "and what makes you think I should help you?" His deep and velvet voice almost made you forget the question.

You were caught off guard with the question, you didn't know what or how to answer. You put both of your index fingers together and stared at it, hoping it'll make you get an answer. You replied, "I-I don't know...I guess I'm just being a bother.."

You didn't look up from your fingers to know his reaction. You soon looked up, seeing he was staring at you, as if in thought. You mumbled a bit, "I guess I'll go now..."

Truth behold, you wanted his help! You are alone, in a dark forest, with no food, shelter, or weapons. You are already worried sick about the others, as there hasn't been any sign of them anywhere. The grouchy hedgehog is the only left! Know you really wished you joined some scout camp or a survival trip. You were about to walk, not knowing where to go, when you felt a hand on your right arm. You spinned around finding it was the dark hedgehog, he wasn't really looking at you though, he seemed to be staring at the tall trees that swung high above your head.

He said, still looking up, "its not really safe to walk in the forest alone...but I'm only keeping you company till morning."

You soon smiled from ear to ear and said, "thank you....?"

Shadow stared at you a bit, then answered, "Shadow, shadow the hedgehog."

You smiled again, "ok, thank you Shadow!"

He nodded his head, and began walking away, with you trailing after him. Not wanting to be alone.

                                         ~o~o~

So it had been an hour, you and your companion, Shadow, walked around the forest, searching for shelter. The walk was quiet the entire time, you didn't really have anything in mind to talk about, and he seemed to be fine with the silence. You would sometime come alittle closer to Shadow, when there were vicious animal sounds here and there. He wound always raise an eyebrow as you did.

As much as Shadow was enjoying the silence, he knew you didn't. He asked, "what's your name?"

You jumped a bit, surprised he finally said something, you replied, "my names (your name), (your long name)"

His eyes were still fixed on the path, he asked another question, "why were you in the forest?"

You answered, "I'm looking for something, I came here with my friends but they had some business to take care off." You weren't extremely sure if you could trust him, so you didn't told him in full detail.