Epilogue

Authors note:

Thank you all very much for your patience with me as I try to finish this book. It wasn't easy and I wish I had been able to finish it years ago but life isn't as easy as it was when I was a mere teenager. But I am happy I have been able to finally give you guys the closure with the Bandoni's story. As for the other Mafia series I am not sure when or if I will be able to write them. In the chances that I don't just remembre that as readers you yourself have the potential and imagination to come up with what ever story you wish for these characters to have. So go wild, be bold and take advantage of your imagination. Thank you all again for your countless support and love for my writing!!!

*eighteen years later*

Leo Bandoni instead of finding peace after finally killing Adriano and ridding the earth of Marque's seed he found himself more restless with Adriano's dying words, " My dad got exactly what he wanted for Estephano and your stupid mother."

"Ask Estephano what happened the night he saved your mother from Roberto Mesa" was the last thing his cousin had told him before he killed him with his own hands.

Just as Leo was heading towards his office deep in thought he so happens to run into the man he was seeking, his father.  Upon making eye contact with him Estephano nods in acknowledgment and Leo sends his father a curt nod before remembering his previous thoughts and the current matter at mind that had caused him sleepless nights.

"Dad can I speak to you for a second," he says more than ask and in return Estephano frowns his brows knitted together as he nods and follows his son into what used to be his office.

Taking a seat in front of Leo Estephano purses his lips and gives his son a perfectly arched brow wondering what could be on his sons mind that has caused his face to go pale, "What is on your mind son?" Estephano exclaims clearly sensing Leo's distress.

Sighing Leo's eyes meet a shade of green similar to his own, "Who's Roberto dad and what did he do to mom?" Leo outright tells his father wanting answers.

Hearing his son's question Estephano's eyes widen and his mouth turns into a snarl, his fist clench to his side the skin around his knuckles grows white from how tight he was clenching his fists.

"Where did you hear that name?" Estephano says angrily.

Taking his father's tone of anger after hearing the name roll off his son's tongue Leo gives his father a look suggesting he wanted answers.

"Dad what have you been hiding from me?"

"Who is he" Leo continues to ask hoping his question gets an answer.

Estephano sighs his hands pressed together in a ball in his lap, "I wish you never had heard that name," he replies knowing the family truth had been exposed and everything would need to be unraveled.

"Dad..." Leo trails off giving his father a worried look as he watches his father now pace around the office as if he was searching for something. He watches as his father listens to the sound of the wooden planks below his weight only to stop when there is a squeak in the room as he presses his weight onto the board that was covered with the large vintage victorian rug.

Getting on his knees Estephano removes the rug-making the plank below visible. Leo watches with concern and confusion as his father begins to peel apart the plank of wood from below only to expose a simple brown journal embroidered in gold.

"What is that?" Leo asks in curiosity amazed at the sight of the dusty journal.

"It was your mother's, I found it hidden in her stuff after her death." His father says caressing the journal with a longing look on his face.