|Ch 5| The Mafia's Queen

Only the beginning of fate's plan

The sun is now up in the clear blue sky bringing light to the earth that was once covered in darkness. However, for the female just opening her eyes to greet the sun she felt darkness within her as the sensation of confusion lingers around her mind for what had happened and why she couldn't remember anything after seeing green eyes. It was as if she was sucked into a portal of nothingness but darkness. All of yesterday, precisely her memory of the night before was gone and her head now ached painfully and with the whiff of alcohol that surrounds her Stephanie frowns and covers her mouth.

'What happened?' She asks herself as she gazes around her surroundings noticing she was in fact in her room and was dressed in her nightgown which she doesn't remember changing into.

Hearing her father's footsteps outside her door her breath hitches thinking he knew where she had been last night but then her breathing returns to its steady breaths when his footsteps descend down the hall and no doubt into the kitchen.

Rubbing the sleep from her eyes Stephanie gets out of bed and stumbles her way into the bathroom where she pulls out Advil and a cup of water before taking the pill to help ease her headache. Looking at her reflection she frowns when seeing a dark bruise on her neck. Touching it with confusion she thinks its a bug bite so she places cream on it before going to the bathtub and turning the tap on.

Discarding her peach colored lace nightgown she enters the bathtub and sinks into the tub filled with lukewarm water to cleanse her mind and soul as well as getting rid of the stench of alcohol that lingered around her frame. The smell of booze and sweat lets her know she had done exactly what she didn't plan on doing last night, get drunk.

Groaning in humiliation she closes her eyes hoping to gain back some of her memory only to cringe as fragments of the past come back to mind making her feel more humiliated than before.

His eyes look at her memorizing her figure and without thinking his finger now caresses the spot under her eye causing Stephanie to flutter her lashes close in a forbidden bliss. Their moment of silence is disturbed by Marquez's loud booming voice making his brother curse him in his mind.

"What can I do for you ladies?" He cockily asks referring to pleasuring one if not both women in his bed later tonight but Estephano will not allow his brother to taint the rose in his arms, even if it means hurting his brother, his twin at that. He was already protective of her and he had no idea why she was affecting him so much.

Was it her gorgeous looks? maybe it is the sweet innocent aroma that attracted him? Or maybe its the dark specks in her shiny hazel eyes that to him are asking for help, asking him to free her but of what?

He is brought out of his thoughts when he feels the young women in his arms trying to free herself from his protective embrace. Out of instinct Estephano's arms tighten but he instantly regrets it when he hears her whimper in fear. Sighing he lets her go considering the way she was shaking in fear that he was casting upon her.

A female sultry voice speaks up and all heads turn in the direction of the raven-haired woman, "We just wanted to thank you for the drinks, you really didn't have to." Emily exclaims with a dazzling smile.

With a nod from his head, Marquez watches as both girls prepare to head back to their own table when suddenly he smirks having thought of something marvelous after seeing his brother's forehead creased as he watched Stephanie begin to walk away with Emily.

"Why don't you both sit with us, there is plenty of room right Gerardo and Miguel?" Marquez asks the redhead from before and the black haired man beside him hinting at them to scramble so Stephanie and Emily could take a seat.