|Ch 17| The Mafia's Queen

A blast from the past 

Estephano could not believe what had just happened between him and the beautiful women standing before him. 

Her cheeks an apple red and her lips plump like red cherries serve as visual proof of the amazing kiss they had both just shared seconds ago. 

Looking at her flustered complexion and nervous eyes Estephano knew one thing...

He loved her.

She was a rose that he had decided to pick and now she had picked his heart with her thorns leaving her mark on him. Whether she knew it or not Estephano loved her and he was going to fight for her just like his father had taught him to fight for what he wanted.

She was the Mafia's queen and a queen must stay by their kings side.

Sighing in content Estephano caresses her cheek affectionately only to smile when she nuzzles closer to his hand, seeking his comfort.

Stephanie felt liberated and her worries had turned to dust the exact moment her lips were pressed against Estephano's. He had awoken feelings in her she had only read about in novels and he confused her but at the same time he woke her to see the truth. She may even love this man and she doesn't even know him!

What they have may not exactly be love at first sight because she was hesitant of him at first but as she got to know him, the real him she began to get drawn into him like a moth to light. She had fallen for him hard and fast...And he had caught her...

Her eye's flash open when she feels the warmth once on her cheek vanish causing her to frown and look at Estephano who seemed to be off in deep thought. His hand no longer on her cheek where she wanted it but rather to his side in a tight fist. 

Estephano thought of ways to tell Eduardo his daughter would not be returning home, but he knew the man would not give up so easily. He was calling war again and Estephano knew if it went to such matters his father and the rest of the Mafia members would look down upon him, he would lose the title of Mafia boss. He would lose it all...

All he wanted as he grew up was to be like his father, to make him proud, but most importantly to become the Italian mafia boss. Was he really going to risk all he had ever trained so hard for and all for the women before him?

Would he allow his vile brother the easy opportunity to take the title of boss when he would only cause chaos with the power he would be given with the title? Could he be that selfish to let others suffer his brother's wrath and all for the women before him?

Many lives would go down six feet under and all for his happiness...

Feeling her smooth fine hands caress his chin tilting his head to look at her his eyes soften noticing the worry etched across her face when she noticed something was wrong or rather upsetting him deeply.

Smiling sadly to her he kisses her lips lightly the sensation of one hundred kisses engulfed her like waves on a warm shore.

He knew then that he would risk giving everything up for her. If she wasn't by him then he didn't want to think of anything else.

Growing up his parents or rather father had raised him to fight and become a skilled criminal who would perhaps rule in the future. He was taught to place his men before him but then there was his lovely kind mother who taught him to fight for his happiness and not let that wither away for the benefit of others.

Sometimes being selfish is a good thing.

Looking into Stephanie warm honey eyes he knew he would be selfish enough to risk everything for her. Risk everything for love. But now the important question is would she?