|Ch 12| The Mafia's Queen

A world of no forbidden 

The following morning both Stephanie and Emily awoke with a fright. The two women were unsure of what all the yelling and running from outside the hall was all about and quite frankly neither of them wanted to find out. But the truth was bound to come out and just as the night before the familiar loud footsteps came to the door before it was broken down like straw causing the girls to flinch as Leonardo stood before them in rage his face red in anger and scrunched up ready to kill.

In his palm he clutched the object his deceased friend once clutched in his cold palm. A chain with a golden key dangling from it. The object was a necklace only a female would own and it was not his wife's that was for sure and the only other two females in the house were prisoners that were free enough to roam his home and it surely belonged to one of them. He just knew that's why he didn't think twice when making his way to where the girls were at to blow his rage out on them. 

Clenching and unclenching his hand with the object that belonged to the person that killed his friend, Leonardo glares between the startled girls trying to find out which one was the one that had committed the sin.

His ears ignore his wife who tries to calm him assuring him that these innocent women had nothing to do with the loss of Enrique who they found with his throat slit by the entrance.

'It couldn't be them because then it would be stupid for the girls to stay here when they could have ran away after killing Enrique.' Melanie thinks positive it was not the girls but her husband was not having any of it.

"Who does this belong to!" Leonardo roars throwing the necklace onto the bed in front of the girls who shake in fear hearing his loud booming voice yell at them harshly.

Stephanie looks at the object thrown their way and her breath hitches noticing the necklace as the one her mother had given her in the will she created for Stephanie and her father if her mother were to die young like she had.

 Gulping deeply tears begin to brim her eyes knowing she was going to die and her father would be too late.

Emily who notices her friend stiffen and begin to shake in fear for her future places together the pieces and realizes that the necklace belonged to her friend who was sure to be punished for god knows what.

Clutching Stephanie's hand in hers Stephanie looks at Emily who smiles reassuringly before clearing her throat and picking the necklace up.

"It's mine," Emily declares confidently, causing Melanie to gasp in shock and Leonardo to roar before marching towards Emily and pulling her out of the bed by the neck and throwing her against the wall.

Stephanie screams watching as her friend hits the opposite wall with a whimper. Emily falls to the floor and as Leonardo goes to kick Emily in the face Stephanie jumps on him, "No!! No please!!! She's lying!"

"-Its mine!" She finally shouts causing Leonardo to stiffen before pulling her off of him and choking her against the wall.

Melanie screams in fear watching helplessly as Stephanie turns blue and gurgles as she thrashes her feet kicking madly under her as her breath is taken from her.

Clutching and pounding her tiny fists onto her husbands back to stop him from killing the girls Melanie screams in frustration when she is roughly pulled by her husband's men who hold her still while she continues to screams and cry while watching as the man she loves slowly kills the women she knows her son had grown feelings for.

'Estephano where are you?' She thinks and as if god answered her prayers an angry shout can be heard before her youngest storms into the room turning his father around and landing a blow to his face. The two now in a brawl while Emily and Stephanie lay beside each other in pain.