|Ch 27| The Mafia's Queen

To love or not to love

Clutching the letter his brother had given to him Estephano crunches the paper in his hand wanting nothing more but to burn it. He will not marry that women he thinks as he makes his way to his fathers office in fast angry strides. The memory of his parents telling him that a planned marriage was what he needed had Estephano losing his shit. He still hasn't spoken to his parents in a week which was when he last heard them tell him the news.

Just thinking about it makes him furious.

Estephano had just come back from a mission where they were to eliminate one of their traitors who had been selling the dope for fifty percent off. When he walked into the kitchen all sweaty and in black to get a drink of water he didn't expect to find his parents whispering to one another until he walked in on them compromising with a letter stationed in front of them. Hearing him enter both Melanie and Leonardo looked at Estephano with shocked expressions and nervous smiles that had him arching a brow scrutinizing his parents.

"What is going on?" He asks them looking at them with curios eyes as he drinks half a water bottle in a gulp.

Melanie smile timidly at her son who was just getting back to who he was this week, "Take a seat honey," she tells him patting the spot beside her.

Looking at Melanie with a calculating look he shrugs and takes a seat like she said, "Okay now what is it?" He asks losing his patience.

Taking in a deep breath Melanie tells her son in one quick motion, "Your getting married," she tells him with a nervous smile at the end.

Hearing his mothers words he chokes on air and his eyes widen, "No!" He roar pushing the chair back and standing up towering both his parents his eyes set in a glare.

"Sit down Estephano please, let us explain." Leonardo tiredly mutters.

Growling Estephano doesn't stay seated but he shows his parents he will listen. Sighing in frustration Leonardo looks at the letter he received from one of his business partners who also happens to be a small mafia family here in Italy.

Turns out the man by the name of Salvador has proposed they merge both the Italian mafia and the Mexican Cartel together into one to grow more powerful and the idea sounds tempting as it means more men, more money, and most importantly more power. The proposition was perfect the only problem is that this alliance would not be from contract as the conjoining of two mafia family's was far more complicated then just any ordinary alliance.

In order to form an alliance with mafia families the two family's must be tied into one and that meant marriage between two heirs from each house. And since Marquez has Emily that means Estephano was the odd one out and he would be the one to wed miss Athena Cortes.

As Leonardo explained this to Estephano it only angered the young man more to the point he trembles like a volcano ready to burst. Estephano would not marry a woman he did not as his heart belonged to Stephanie who he could not have. He knows she has probably moved on and started a life with that blond blue eyes bastard but he doesn't care that wouldn't stop his heart from beating for her and for her only. He will never love this Athena woman and he will not marry her.

"I'm not marrying her!" Estephano seethes not leaving room for arguments but Leonardo is a man of his word and its to late to pull out of this marriage as he already said yes and if he says no then that is like shunning the family which they do not take lightly.