|Ch 6| The Mafia's Queen

A letter

The following week had gone and come for Eduardo and finally came the day he was dreading; the day he would light the pit creating a fire he may not be able to put out. He was about to start a conflict. A war was brewing and the cup was about to flow over. 

Sitting in his dimmed office, both his eyes focused out the window stationed to the right of the room. With a tired sigh, he takes in the sight of the trees that shake vigorously with the wind. The leafs rattling like a snakes tale until finally falling from the branch of life till all that is left is a falling leaf with no home. 

He was once the leaf and he will make it so his daughter never goes through the same. The Bandoni's would not lay a single finger on her warm tender flesh. It was then that he felt relief to know Stephanie was at home where she was safe and not out on the streets were danger lived (not that she ever would be out and about).

The thing about Stephanie was that she always stuck to staying inside and reading and if she went out it was to the garden just in the backyard. She is a calm child who barely spoke much of anything and she didn't do much either. A little lamb stuck in a big field unsure of what to do and only clung to what she knew was already safe, there was never a desire to seek something new.

Stephanie was different. One of a kind many would say but not for the reasons they believed...

With the thought of his daughter in mind, Eduardo remembers how last night she had gloomily informed him that she had read the acceptance letter to UCSC incorrectly and that she was in fact supposed to move there by the end of this week rather than in three months. Both a blessing and a curse.

Sighing frustratedly he rubs his temple knowing his little girl was no doubt at home packing for her new life in Milan for the next four years.

'This is good,' he reminds himself knowing that the farther his Principessa is from Rome the safer she will be.

'They can't get her if they don't know where she is,' he thinks but little did he know that Marquez and Emily have been talking and now il Diavolo knows what college, what dorm room and what building both girls will be living in. Meaning Stephanie was not safe but Eduardo didn't know this and he was about to do the second biggest mistake of his life. Let down his Principessa, his darling Stephanie.

The door to his office abruptly swings open, hitting the wall with a bang so rough the wall chipped with a crack and particles of the ruined wall fell like dust in the air.

 Cursing the person responsible for the destruction, Eduardo scowls when four burly men that inlight fear in everyone but him walk confidently into the room. Their bodies making the small ten by ten room crowded quickly and their rich musky cologne fills the void of the room ridding it of its coffee smell and replacing it by the finest cologne a man can own. The scent of money and fear filled the room.

 Two of the men that entered were none other than the Bandoni brothers while the third man was indeed their father Leonardo and lastly the fourth man was a blond haired man known as Marco the second in command of the Italian Mafia run by the Bandoni family themselves.

Clearing his throat he faces the four men with an unemotional mask placed across his features not giving away his decision to the men as well as not letting them see how they scared him deep, deep inside. His daughter's life in a way was resting in their palms ready to be smashed; how could he not be afraid or a bit nervous?

"Gentlemen please take a seat," Eduardo casually offers trying to be well mannered but these men do not appreciate the gesture and instead they stand tall and proud with their arms crossed over their chest and glaring at Eduardo who rolls his eyes in regards to their petty behavior.