|Ch 15| The Mafia's Queen

The bad seed

There in his dark office that was once filled with light and hope sat Eduardo with his brows creased in frustration and anger.

Worry etched across his face showing everyone that encountered him just how worried he was for his little girl who was in the clutches of evil and as if wrinkles had arrived after hearing where she was Eduardo appeared to have aged.

In his heart he had failed Stephanie. He put her life at risk and now he has to make an important decision that not only places his daughter's safety on the line but all those he promised he would protect with pure intentions when receiving the copper golden badge he wears with pride.

Eduardo knows he can not find any proof to put the Bandoni's behind bars as his words will not mean much in court, he needs physical evidence and his daughter is exactly that. They have kidnapped her and that is enough to put the bastards behind bars for some time. And then Emily's trashed blue car found on the side of the road makes things much easier for Eduardo to add fuel to the pit of fire that is the Bandoni's.

His mind was set he was finishing up with the Bandoni's once and for all.

With that thought in mind he reaches for his office phone and rings the devil himself.

"Hello?" Comes Leonardo's deep voice while he watches his son and Stephanie with furrowed brows wondering what his son was thinking growing feelings for the woman he knows he could not have.

'He will put us in more problems than what Marquez could ever place us in,' Leonardo thinks to himself knowing he had to speak with Estephano after the two women in the room leave.

"You win you can start your damn canal and trading with other Mafia's but I want my daughter in my office within the next thirty minutes!" Eduardo roars his demand rudely only to cut the phone soon after not leaving the Italian mafia man with green eyes enough time to breath out in relief.

Raising from his seat Eduardo has a coy smile on his face knowing that in a few hours the entire Bandoni's will be incarcerated for kidnap and reckless driving, then when they are weak and without leader he and his men will demolish the Bandoni empire bringing it to the ground in ashes.

He had a plan and now it was time it began. Leonardo may think he himself means businesses but so does Eduardo and when you have something to fight for you have an advantage.

Bad never wins against evil and this was no exception.

Eduardo was going to get back his daughter and he would not let her go again, he would protect her with all his heart and keep his promise to his wife but most importantly the Bandoni's would be no more...

Back at the Bandoni mansion, Stephanie sat with tensed shoulders and her head lowered to view her fidgeting lap. Her hazel eyes glace deeply at the satin red carpet with geometric patterns drawn into the material. Her eyes filling with desolation and the wind outside seems to pick up, taking leaves with it into the unknown.

The sky outside a depressing grey and the clouds as soft as mushed ice indicating a storm was brewing but not as fierce as the one she feels coming from within her.

Confusion, sadness, lonesomeness and utter disappointment are all the emotions she feels knawing at her insides after Estephano left her in his father's office, alone and she doesn't quite understand why Estehano leaving so abruptly is affecting her as much as it is.

This was what she wanted since she arrived yesterday so why isn't she happy she is going to see her Papa once again? She missed her father more than she can bear so why is she not jumping to the door to tell Emily it was time they up and get the hell out of this hell hole. It didn't make sense at all that she just sat in this chair like a lost child not sure of what she wanted because she did know what she wanted, she wanted to go home, right? Of course she does why would she stay hear! Surely not because of Estephano!? She knew Estephano for no longer than a total of two days it would be crazy if she stayed for a man she hardly knew anything about.