|Ch 37| The Mafia's Queen

*Two weeks later*

It was dark the only sight Stephanie saw was the small dot of light ahead of her, following the glowing light in the distance the room begins to brighten the closer she gets and she soon finds that she was walking towards the front door of her house. Pushing the door open Stephanie closes her eyes as they adjust to the brightness and to her confusion she finds herself walking through a field of daisies instead of her house, confused as to where she was she looks around her in awe. 

With every step deeper into the beautiful daisy garden, Stephanie finds that the flowers are growing taller and taller until they loom above her like giant poles. "Where am I???" she mumbles to herself. 

Not expecting a response she is startled when a soft voice speaks to the side of her, " You are in my paradise" a soft angelic voice of which she had not heard in many years but longed for replies.

Unable to believe the sound her ears had projected Stephanie turns her body as quickly as she has ever done so only to gasp at the sight of her mother in a beautiful white sundress nothing in comparison to her torn and dirty one.  Smiling at her Stephanies mother stretches out her hand for her to take and she does as she has been wanting to do for many years. She longed for the touch of her mothers against her flesh and she needed it most after what had just occurred to her. 

"Am I dead?" She asks her mother as she goes to grab her hand only for her fingers to pass right through her mother's. Her fingers grasping air instead. 

Stephanie's mother smiles sadly shaking her head, "Not quite yet my child for now this is all just a dream" she replies as Stephanie nods tears welling in her eyes as she realizes this was just an evil trick her mind was playing on her to help her survive what was really going on in her reality. 

"How long do we have before I awake?" She asks her mother

"I am not sure this is your dream my child I am only but a mere image of what you want to see" Her mother replies. 

"I don't want to go back what if Estephano never finds me and I am tortured for the rest of my life," Stephanie whispers in fear, tears pooling in her eyes. 

Not hearing her mother speak Stephanie looks up only to gaze at the back of her mother's frame. She goes to tap her on the shoulder knowing she was only to meet air again however she is shocked when her fingers make contact with the fabric of her mother's white dress. The skin of her mother's shoulder-skimming her fingertips. The touch of her mother was nothing like she remembered it to be. Gone was her motherly warmth and it was replaced with a cold sensation.  

When Stephanie's mother turns around Stephanie shrieks in fear as her mother's once beautiful fair complexion that resembled an angel was replaced with grey decaying flesh and her eyes as dark as night. The once white sundress she wore was replaced with the dress she wore the day of the accident. A huge black and bloodied hole in her bosom where she was killed those many years ago is now seen. 

"Mom...?" Stephanie weeps in fear backing away from the sight of her dead mother. 

Before she knows it the image of her mother pushes her and she screams as she falls down darkness and into ice-cold water that submerges her.

Gasping for breath Stephanie feels the water enter her mouth and then her eyes fly open and her body rolls to the side spitting the water out. She coughs feverishly as she tries to catch her breath and when she finally does she shivers in coldness her arms, legs, and stomach littered with dried blood, goosebumps, and droplets of water. Her eyes are then met with Robertos and she feels dread fill her as she realizes she was still living in her nightmare and today was another day that she would be tortured until near death but they never gave her the luxury of getting the sweet sensation of peace that she craved as Roberto stopped his torture on her as soon as he knew her body could not handle more.