37

Hehe lowkey wasn't gonna post this early, but eh what the heck, you guys deserve a chapter like this one after all I've put you through (so far) 🥺😌✨

Ps. THANK YOU FOR 1k READS!! <3

Frank's POV:

I was making my way down the sidewalk, the cool chill of spring air causing the hairs on the back of my neck to stand up. I walked home, not bothering to say goodbye to anyone; not even my parents. A tiny part of me hoped that Gerard would come after me again, but that was overshadowed by the part of me that wanted to be as far away from him as possible.

I got home and locked the door behind me, going straight to my room and collapsing on my bed. I had kissed him. I had kissed him. I didn't know what to think about it, I knew something would happen if I got close to him, but of all the things I imagined, this was completely unexpected. I don't know what possessed me to kiss him, but there was no way to take it back now.

Not only had I kissed him, but I had left immediately after, giving him no explanation. In all honesty, though, I didn't have an explanation. The fluttering in my stomach gave me one impression of the situation, but the complete and utter denial in my head was saying the opposite. I didn't know what I wanted; him or not him. My phone buzzed in my pocket and I pulled it out to find a message from none other than Gerard.

are you okay? where did you go?

I stared at the screen for a moment, contemplating whether or not I was going to answer; or what I would answer. I decided to not respond and pushed my phone off the bed, hearing it drop to the floor with a thunk. I fell asleep just like that, lying face down on my bed, shamefully wishing his body was pressed against me and his lips were within my reach.

--

"Frank, honey? Are you alright?" I didn't know what time it was, but it was still dark outside so it had to be pretty late.

I slowly sat up, taking in my surroundings and finding my mom sitting at the edge of my bed, "Mom I.." I didn't know what to say to her, so I just fell over into her arms and sobbed. Why was this all so confusing? It hurt my head to think about.

"Frankie, what's wrong? Someone said they saw you leave and I didn't want you to be alone-- Please tell me what's going on," I couldn't. This was so difficult.

"What happened?" She urged, soothingly running her hand over my back.

I didn't answer but instead cried harder. She held me tighter and fell silent until my sobs weakened to soft whimpers.

"Frankie, you need to tell me what's going on," She said, sweetly but with intent.

"Please, I'm really worried about you," She pulled away from me to look me in the eye. I avoided her gaze, trying to find the courage to say anything.

"Oh Frank," She hugged me tightly once more and I mumbled softly into her shoulder, not really wanting her to hear what I said.

"What?"

I pulled away, my eyes puffy from crying and finally made eye contact with her:

"Mom... I- I'm gay," I squeaked before falling into her arms again. It was one of the hardest things I'd ever said. I didn't know how anyone came out to their parents. She squeezed me tighter in her arms and I let out another sob.

This was not exactly how I envisioned coming out. I'm not sure what I imagined it being like, but this was definitely not it. I don't even know why I did it at that moment, maybe I was just so overwhelmed with the Gerard situation. I couldn't stop crying for what felt like hours. When I finally did, my mom told me she loved me unconditionally and that she was proud of me for telling her. I was so glad that she responded well to it because I really couldn't handle another breakdown in one night. Two was more than enough.