39

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!! <333 —

"Aw, my baby boy is all grown up," My mom said, squeezing my cheeks. Her eyes begun to water and she had a soft smile on her face.

"Mom.. It's just a date, I'm not getting married," I groaned, letting her straighten out my jacket.

"Not yet!" Mark joked from the other room.

"Seriously... stop.. please don't be embarrassing," I pleaded.

"Okay.. Okay, but let me get one more picture of you," I rolled my eyes but stood back, giving her a forced smile while she clicked her phone camera.

"He should be here soon," I glanced up at the wall clock, it was ten 'till six. My mom let out another sigh of endearment, her eyes glittering with tears. I gave her a look that said 'stop it you're being dramatic and possibly embarrassing.

"It's your first date, honey, I'm just excited for you," I laughed softly; I was putting on a happy front, but I was scared out of my wits. I was so nervous that I would mess it up, or that I wouldn't be able to like Gerard in the same way he liked me. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes for a moment, thinking of the good things. I thought about the feeling of his hands on my skin, his hands were soft; unlike my rough, calloused ones. I thought about the sound of his voice, whispering sweet things in my ear. The taste of his lips was currently my favorite thing to think about. I could've kissed him all day long and never get bored.

My thoughts were interrupted by the ring of the doorbell. I stood up immediately, excitement taking control of my body. I ran out of my room and to the door, pausing for a minute to catch my breath and compose myself. I looked back hopefully at my mom and Mark, she gave me a smile and he a thumbs up. I opened the door slowly.

"Hey," Gerard was standing there with a bouquet of flowers in his hand. God he was perfect.

"Hi," I squeaked, my breath catching in my throat. Normally he looked great, even on a bad day he looked good, but the guy standing in front of me? This was a new level of hot. He was in a black button up vest over a white long sleeve shirt with a tie underneath. He had dark denim jeans on and completed the look with a pair of classic black and white converse on his feet. I would be lying if I said I wasn't checking him out from the moment I saw him. Did I mention that he looked really fucking hot?

He handed me the flowers awkwardly causing my face to flush a bright pink, "Thanks," I said, smiling at him. I wasn't sure exactly where to put them, so I stumbled back and handed them to my mom, which was also done quite awkwardly.

"Nice to meet you Gerard," My mom stepped in and shook his hand firmly.

"You too Mrs. Iero," He said.

"Where are you off to?" My mom asked, I was wondering too.

"Um," He paused, "It's kind of a surprise, but," He leaned over and whispered something in her ear. I rolled my eyes, why couldn't he just tell me?