49

Before we start, I want to thank you all sooooooo much for reading <3

I know we're all sad that it has to end, but hopefully you like the ending I've written xoxo

This chapter is dedicated to frankierosapple_ Ellie_needs_sleep boooooooookworm L1ttl3Bl4ckSt4r and Starry_hearts314 for all of their wonderful comments and support and for just being so sweet throughout the duration of me writing this story <33

We got to my house and there seemed to be a lot of tension in the air. Why? I had no idea. I knew something was up with Mark because he kept acting weird-- and I don't mean the usual Mark-weirdness.

"Why are you being weird?" I asked him, he glanced at me for a second.

"What? I'm not being weird- What do you mean?" I shook my head, he was most definitely being weird.

My mom came out of her room wearing a dark blue dress, she had also done her makeup which wasn't out of the ordinary, but it definitely meant that we were going somewhere nice. In my head, I thanked Gerard for making me wear something other than my usual casual attire, otherwise I would have looked bad. Even if he hadn't convinced me to wear his clothes, my mom probably would have made me wear something nicer.

"Wow Frank, I'm impressed, you're all dressed up," My mom said, looking me up and down.

"You can thank Gerard for that," I said, gesturing to him.

"It's nice to see you again, Gerard," She smiled, leaning in to give him a hug. He awkwardly accepted, clearly not expecting it.

"Frank, can I talk to you real quick?" Mark asked, pulling me to the side. He lead me into a different room, out of earshot of Gerard and my mom.

"What's up?" I asked.

"I have a question for you; and before I ask it, I just want you to know that although I hope you say yes, if you don't I'm willing to respect your wishes because your opinion matters a lot to me," He said.

"O..kay," I said, giving a questioning look. He sounded so serious and it was honestly scaring me.

"I want to ask your mother to marry me," My eyes went wide, "And I know that is a huge step, but I think that we're ready for it. But I know that us being together has been hard for you," He finished.

"No! I think that's great!" I said, I hadn't even entertained the idea of my mom getting remarried to anyone, but now that I knew Mark, I was glad it would be him.

"Really?" He beamed, his eyes glowing with a childlike joy.

"Yeah!" I said, he pulled me into a warm hug, squeezing my torso between his arms tight enough to block the air from getting to my lungs.

"So you're going to propose to her tonight, I take it?" He nodded, pulling away from me. I let out a deep sigh, finally able to breathe again.

"If that's alright with you, that's the plan," he grinned.

"Where's the ring?" I asked. He patted his jacket pocket proudly.

"Can I see it?" I asked, he nodded and took it out, opening the small velvet box to reveal a silver band with an intricate glittering design made up of diamonds.