1. rebirth

The clocks tick too fast
I counted all the
cars driving past;
Like a broadway musical,
I search for a quest
I cross my fingers and
hope for the best.

Leaving a playlist
on,
I never skip BTS'
"Life goes on";
How come it's
January 11 now?
Didn't the sun just set
a week ago?

It's crazy how the
weather makes me poetic,
Stand up and feel optimistic;
Cold winds don't freeze these pages,
Turn off the TV when it makes you rage.

I wrote this poem on the 11th of January. This was the first poem I had written in my notebook, just after I felt the need to get back into writing, that's why I named it "rebirth".

"Like a broadway musical, I search for a quest" : I thought about that famous musical Hamilton while I wrote this. I fell in love with the play because Hamilton was also a writer. He wrote his way to New York and to each step of his rising success.

"How come it's January 11 now? Didn't the sun just set a week ago?" : Time just doesn't feel real. It's like reading the same book all over again, with the pages turning but the story never moves. One day it was August but now it's January. Sometimes I don't feel the need to know the names of each day.

The line "Turn off the TV when it makes you rage" literally just means that if we can't take in all the terrible events happening, it's okay to look away. You don't have to speak up if you don't feel like speaking up. People who scare you into thinking you're careless, are the ones who care most about the things we shouldn't digest.