The Talk in the Dojo

"Mikey, you can't hit your son, he's just a kid number one and two-"

Leo tried to talk and reason with his youngest brother but to no luck since Mikey came snapping back.

Mikey walked over in front of Donnie, April and Casey and looked Leo dead in the eyes.

"You. Can't tell me. How to handle my children !"

Mikey said and Raph looked at Leo and saw fear in his eyes.

Fear is something he's never seen, and never thought he'd see, in the eyes of his oldest and bravest brother. But things change. Raph is learning that the hard way.

Mikey used to be his lovely mate. His husband. Someone he wanted to spend the rest of his life with. To have kids with. To love and hold for the rest of his life.

But now, Mikey's become abusive. Mean. Cold. And all he wants is children. Why ? Raphael isn't quite sure of that.

Mikey likes to feel in control. And kids is something he can control.

Raph didn't like seeing fear in Leo's eyes. It made something inside him upset.

"Mikey I think that's enough-"

Raph started to say but Mikey didn't like that.

"Hey ! Shut up ! I didn't ask you ! Go stand outside unless you wanna behave and you can stay here."

Mikey said and Leo and Donnie's eyes widened.

Raph backed up and put his head down and sighed.

"That's what I thought."

Mikey said and turned back to Leo and them.

Casey took a step forward and Mikey snarled.

"That wasn't nice Mikey."

Casey said and Mikey stared him down.

"So ? My job isn't to be nice to him. His only job is to watch the kids, cook and clean while I carry his children for six months."

Mikey says and April looked at how unhappy Raph is right now and only made her more upset.

"Have you ever asked Raphael what his opinion about all these kids is ?"

April asked and Mikey glared at her after stealing a glance at Raph who hasn't looked up or even moved.

"What does that matter ? You know what. Doesn't matter anyway. We're done here."

Mikey said and walked out and Raph tailed not too close behind him.

As Raph was walking, his head was down still and Leo and Donnie noticed.

Leo knew what to do to get Raph to talk to him. He could see it in Raph's eyes that he's in pain. Mentally and quite possibly physically from Mikey.

"Raph wait !"

Leo called after Mikey had left but Raph was almost out.

"What ?!"

Raph snarled and when he saw Leo limping to try to run to him his expression softened.

"Why don't you, me and Casey go out tonight ?"

Leo offered.

Raph looked shocked but questioned him at the same time.

"I'd have to ask Mikey. Where to ?"

Raph asked and Leo smiled.

"The bar."

Leo responded and Donnie, April and Casey's jaws dropped open.

"The bar ? A little out there for you, huh gimpy."

Raph said and Leo smirked with an idea.

"Yeah I guess you're right. So what do you say, make me look stupid in public ?"

"I gotta ask Mikey. But I'm down."

Raph said and Mikey yelled for him in the other room.

"Coming baby !"

Raph said and ran out quickly.

Leo turned to April, Casey and Donnie and their expressions were not too pleased.

"What was that ?!"

Donnie asked, peeved off.

"What ?"

Leo asked.

"You invited Raph to a bar !"

Donnie shouted and Leo hushed him.

"Relax Donnie, I won't drink anything, I just want Raph to drink."

Leo said and a smirk came across his face.

"Uh oh, that's your scheming face."

Donnie said and was very afraid. Usually Leo's plans need him in order to work, now he's not even in the plan.

Leo smiled and rubbed Donnie's shoulder and kissed his cheek.

"This will be perfect Donnie, you'll see."

Leo hobbled over to MS's old room, which is now Donnie and his, and closed the doors.

"How has Leo been doing with the whole drinking thing ?"

April asked and Donnie sighed.

"Since the incident he's been somewhat ok. He doesn't drink anymore but, I can still tell he wants to. It makes me really nervous to see him craving alcohol like that. So Casey, I'm leaving this to you. Protect him tonight. For me ?"

Donnie asked and Casey could see the plea in Donnie's eyes.

"Of course man."

Casey got serious before continuing.

"I'll make sure he doesn't drink or even get close to it, Donnie. That's a promise."

Casey said and smiled at Donnie.

Donnie smiled back and left the dojo.