Chapter 23: The Birth

(Eden's P.O.V)
I ran to the edge of Asgard. Away from them, away from the soldiers, away from the war. The moon gleamed from behind the storm clouds that were blowing in. The pain twisted my spine and I stopped running. The entrance of the dark forest seemed even eerier this evening. I took a deep breath and hurried into the misty forest. The sound of the battle grew further and further away. The pain grew deeper and harder. Tears fell from my eyes. It was a cold night but my entire body felt hot. The flames inside of me grew to stifling temperatures. That's when the confusion hit. Where am I? What am I doing? Everything went hazey again.  The pain gripped my body and I fell to my knees. I couldn't stop it I couldn't take it any more...

(Back in the castle)
Don runs down the stairs of the tower, skipping steps to hurry down the flights. A trail of blood trickles along the steps. His heart pumps harder with ever step he takes. "Where could she have gone that fast?" Solomon inquires while jogging down the stairs as fast as he can. Don shoots a glance at Solomon from the corner of his eye.
Just then Dawn runs directly into Don and he stumbles back as she flies backward a few steps down. "Don..Solomon? What are you guys doing together." "Move aside Dawn." Don mutters collecting himself and walking past Dawn.

"We are looking for Eden she's wounded and about to have the twins." Solomon says quietly. "Yeah tell the girl you cheated on Eden with all of her business." Don says under his breath. "Well I'm sure she doesn't wanna see a rapist!" Solomon blurts out." As soon as the words leave his tongue Don's fist connect with his jaw. "Watch your mouth you fucking leech." Don spews, throwing Solomon to the ground. "Don how could you?" Dawn says shakily. "You both are trash under my feet. Your a disgrace to Asgard and to Eden." Before they could respond to that insult, Don stretches out his wings and flies out the building.

(Eden's P.O.V)
I slowly open my eyes and pain shoots through my body. I'm blinded by a bright light shining directly in my face. I try to sit up but I am tied down. "HELP ME!" "SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME."  I scream as I shake my arms trying to break free. There is some type of metal boxes over my hands. I try to concentrate and use my powers to help me break free but I can't. " what the fuck" I whisper. These boxes are suppressing my powers.

I look down I am still very pregnant, the babies are moving in my belly. "Thank god." I think to myself. "I have to get out of here before these baby's come out now. My eyes scan the bright room. It looks like I am in some type of infirmary room. There are two newborn beds and there is an injection taped into my vein. "SOMEBODY HELP ME PLEASE!" I scream.

"Now now Eden you have to calm down, you are very close to giving birth, you have lost a lot blood from that stab wound in your chest. Lucky for you the blade missed your heart by half an inch or else you would have died. I sealed your wound and have given you pain medicine as well as something to slow your contractions." This voice is warm and familiar. I look up to see dark green eyes. "Dad? Is that you!?"

"Yes Eden my sweet girl, it's me." He says with a chilling smile. "I thought Gabriel would have killed you." "No Eden he kept me alive because I am a very wise healer and he needs me to treat his wounded soldiers." "Dad can you  please release my hands from these boxes I can't move." I plead. But he just looks at me with those dark green eyes. "I'm sorry Eden I won't be releasing your hands." He starts to walk around the room and rummage through the drawers in the corner. "How did I get here? Why won't you release me dad please I am your daughter."

He's chuckles and continues rummaging through the drawers. "You passed out and were bleeding to death when Elisha found you in the dark forest. You were right on the pathway that leads to Arcadia. Gabriel had the guards transport you to Arcadia's Infirmary and he asked me to keep you alive so that you could give birth. You see Eden he needs those babies to harness their power for the black moon ceremony. Those babies are going to fulfill a prophecy Eden. It is gods will and I will do what I have to do to serve king Gabriel."