1

"Uh HONEY?! Where is my jacket?!" Corporal Tank Dempsey yells from his bedroom after he put on his Corporal uniform. His wife, Love Rose-Dempsey, is in the bathroom getting ready for the Military ball. 

"If it's not on the rack then I don't know" Love yells back, Dempsey turned his head and he could see his jacket is indeed hanging on the rack. He swore it wasn't there before.

"You're right.." Dempsey mutters walking over to the rack, taking his jacket he put it on and buttoned all his buttons together. His jacket had his rank, name, and all his badges all over. 

"Babe—" he could hear his wife call out to him following the sound of her opening the bathroom door. Turning around he watched her come out. She wore a black dress that dropped to the floor, she had short sleeves and she wore short shorts under the dress. She doesn't trust any man except for her husband in that area. Her chocolate brown hair is tied in the back in a messy bun and she tied fake white flowers around the rubber band. Her makeup is what you'd expect, brown eyeshadow and complimenting nude lips. "Do I look fat in this?"

"Of course not" he says to her "I see beauty in that. What's wrong with being fat?"

"Because it's not cute to be fat unless you're pregnant." Love crossed her arms being dramatic, Dempsey walked over to her and placed his meaty hand on her shoulder then his other on her cheek.

"One day, right?"  He asked her gently seeing the blush bleeding through her makeup made him smile.

Love smiled "maybe" she winked at him, that means yes in her flirtatious language. Dempsey leaned forward and gave his wife a gentle kiss, going to ignore the lipstick he will endure on his lips.

"We should go Darlin' I can't be late." Dempsey says to her so she grabbed her small black hand bag and followed him out of their home. Dempsey drove them to their base, where the ball with the soldiers and their wives/girlfriends will be in the training area.

This ball is happening because the marines just won a huge anticipated war against the Germans and this ball is their celebration.

The car ride is silent, they had music playing on the radio. Usually its Love's radio station that plays because Dempsey doesn't have much of taste in music, however he has a taste in war movies.

Love and Dempsey have been married for around three years, they met in high school and dated for as long as they could remember. Once graduation hit and Dempsey enrolled to the Marines he decided it would be now or never to change his girlfriends name.  Ever since the marriage they have been inseparable, except when Dempsey is dispatched to wars, at that time she would be with family or friends so she wouldn't be lonely. Of course she'd worry for her husbands safe return but Dempsey always proved himself one of their best Corporals.

"Your not going to be eying other girls while we're there are you?" Love asked with a smirk on her face waiting for his sarcastic answer.

Dempsey tilts his head forming a smirk on his lips "yes, because I'm bringing you with me just so I can go hit on my secret girlfriend while I'm there." He says sarcastically back

"Oh I'm sure you are, Thomas."

"Hey don't dead name me woman"

"I didn't dead name you, Thomas"

"I am called Tank Dempsey, not Thomas Dempsey"

"And that's fine, but it's not dead naming you, Thomas is your name." Love giggled shaking her head back, Dempsey just wanted to find something to pretend to argue about. "Corporal Thomas Dempsey."