𝐎𝐧𝐞

As the marching band performs the song of the theme of the show—which is dedicated to 80's movies—Y/n pushes her chubby legs to keep up with the tempo of the music and the rifle line routine

She keeps a smile on her face as she flips her white rifle along with the rest of the rifle line. As the song, 'Don't You' by Simple Minds, comes to an end, the rifle line manages to toss a sextuple and spin underneath it twice and catch it in sync ending it with a perfect performance.

The crowd erupts into a loud roar at the performance. The cheerleaders, dance line, and dancers cheer along with the crowd. The band and color guard rush to get everything off the field so that the dancers can perform their home routine.

Y/n and her friends grab their rifles and flags and got off the wet field due to the humidity in the Louisiana air. Y/n breathes heavily due to being the biggest member of the color guard team.

People were shocked that she made it. Hell, even she was shocked, but the director gave her a chance and she improved with her technique with the flag, rifle, saber, and even her dancing. Her classmates respected her for getting out of her comfort zone.

Y/n and the rest of the color guard sat in front of the cheerleaders that are on a single bench on the field for the football players to sit on. The dance line was sitting on the track watching the other dance team perform. One of Y/n's closest friends is a cheerleader who made space for her to sit in between her legs.

Y/n smiles and sits in front of her. Her friend, Keeley, wraps her arms around Y/n's wide shoulders and rest her chin on Y/n's sweaty head.

"I'm sweaty." The (s/c) girl says.

Her friend shrugged her shoulders, "I don't care." She says.

Y/n smiles and shakes her head and fixed her eyes on the field.

7 dancers are positioned on the field, waiting for the music to start. The dance team was taken over by: Kim Seokjin(12), Min Yoongi(12), Jung Hoseok(12), Kim Namjoon(12), Park Jimin(11), Kim Taehyung(10), and the well known Jeon Jungkook(11).

They all moved to America when they were all in elementary. Taehyung and Y/n are actually best friends. They are also in the same grade.

When Y/n first met Taehyung, he was this shy little boy. He didn't talk to anybody—due to him knowing little English when he moved here—since they were in the 1st grade. Little Y/n worked up the courage and talked to the little boy.

He gave the chubby girl his well known boxy smile and they just clicked. They stayed by each other's side through it all. Even now. But through the years he grew close with the other Korean boys.