7 | Last One Ever

Not much later Gally and everyone else calls a meeting to discuss what's happening. "Things are changing. There's no denying that. First, Ben gets stung in broad daylight, and then Alby. And now our Greenie here has taken it upon himself to go into the maze. Which is a clear violation of our rules here." Gally goes on. "Yeah... but he saved Alby's life." I speak up. "Did he?" He gives me a look. "For three years we have coexisted with these things, and now you've killed one of them. Who knows what that could mean for us?" Gally says. "Make it easier for us runners. We do the same and kill more. Then we won't have to worry about getting stung or being stuck in the maze." I speak up and he shouts at me to shut up.

"Well, what do you suggest we do?" Newt asks him. "He has to be punished." Gally says making us all complain. "Minho. You were there with him. What do you think?" Newt asks him. "I think... in all the time we've been here. No one's ever killed a Griever before and Amelia pointed that out to him in the maze. When I turned tail and ran, dragging Amelia away with me because she wanted to stay with this dumb shank, who stood behind to help Alby. Look, I don't know if he's brave or stupid... Whatever it is, we need more it. I say we make him a runner." Minho says and I nod my head agreeing after what I saw.

Gally continues to shout and we all get caught off guard as the box alarm starts to go off again

Gally continues to shout and we all get caught off guard as the box alarm starts to go off again. We all run out then over to the back. "It's a girl." Newt tells us and I push my way to the front. "No way." I say trying to look closer at her. "I think she's dead." Newt says. "What's in her hand?" I ask him. As Newt takes it out of her hand he reads, she's the last one ever. "What the hell does that mean?" Newt asks right as she wakes up, "Thomas, Amelia." She says before passing out. Everyone looks right at us and I was super confused. "You still think I'm overreacting?" Gally asks the group. "Amelia, help me get her out of here." Newt tells me and I jump down helping her out and to the med-jack hut.

Well, do you recognize her?" Newt asks Thomas as him, Minho, and Thomas come to check on the girl. "No." Thomas tells him then looks at me. "I have no clue how she knows me. I have no idea who she is." I shake my head at them. "Really? Cause she seemed to recognize the two of you." Newt tells us before they bring up the note. Thomas leaves and Minho goes after him. "I know that look you are giving me. I swear I don't know her. How would I? I've been here for three years." I tell Newt then leave the hut. "You're telling me you're not even a little bit curious?" I hear Thomas ask Minho. "Not really no." He tells him. "Whatever you're talking about, I am." I join the two of them.

"So, what's the plan? You gonna go out and dissect that thing all by yourself?" Minho stops Thomas from walking off. "I will if I have to. Have the other runner left yet?" Thomas asks. "The other runners quit this morning. "After Alby got stung they're not in any hurry to get back out there. Why are you." Minho explains. "I-I think it's time we find out what we're really up against." Thomas tells him. "All right. But you're not going back out there alone. Meet me and Amelia in the woods in half an hour." Minho says walking off and I follow him.

"Let me guess. We're going to go find some people we trust to come with us." I say walking by his side. "Exactly." He says then stops walking making me stop too. "What?" I ask him. "I just thought... what if that girl is from your past? We come in here with no memories of our past." He says and I nod my head, "That could be very possible but why would she remember Thomas and mine name? What are the people who put us in here planning? If she knows us... does that mean I know Thomas from my past too?" I ask confused. "It's possible... I mean you were determined to help him in the maze. It could be because you're a good person or part of you thinks you have to for an unknown reason." Minho explains to me and I think about it. "I don't know but let's go get some people."

In the end we ended up getting Frypan, Winston, and Zart to agree to come with us. "Will this be enough?" Minho asks as we all meet with Thomas. "Okay. Let's go." We all run off into the maze where the Griever is. When we get there we see it was still crushed between the walls. "Hey, there's something in there." I see a small red like blinking. "You mean besides a Griever pancake?" Frypan asks making Minho go stick his hand in it. Suddenly the Griever moves making us all jump back.

"I thought you said it was dead." Frypan and Thomas tells us all to pull it out so we do. I walk a head of the guys picking up the part that had the red blinking light. I stick my hand in it and pull out the thing as the guys made disgusting groans. "What the hell is that?" Thomas asks as I look at it. "Interesting." I say looking at the number seven thinking back to how section seven was open last night. Frypan than says we should get back and Minho agrees so we run back.

"Guys, guys. Gally found out you guys left. He called a meeting of the Keepers. Everyone is in Council Hall." Chuck tells us as we get back so we all jog over there. As we go in Clint and Jeff leave. "It's nice of you to join us. You boys and girl enjoy the whole field trip?" Gally asks as we get in. "What the hell Gally. You think you can call a Keeper meeting without us." Minho snaps at him. "Last time I checked Greenie and Amelia weren't a Keeper. Mind waiting outside." He looks at us. "He stays! And Amelia is third in command. What's the point of all of this?" Minho asks Newt.

"We got two hours till sundown. We got to figure out what to do with Ably." He tells us. "You want to banish him." Winston speaks up. "No. No one what's to banish anyone. All right but he's stung we don't have a choice." Gally sighs. "Yes we do." Thomas tells him. "You say something newbie?" Gally glares at him. "Yeah, we have a choice. We don't have to banish Alby." He tells him. "Right, and how's that?" Gally asks. "Yeah, we found this in our field trip. It was India Griever." Thomas gives Newt the thing.

"These are the same letters we get on our supplies." Newt looks at the thing. "Yeah. Whoever put us here obviously made the Grievers." I tell him. "And this is the first real clue, the first anything, you've found in over three years, right, Minho?" Thomas speaks up. "Newt, we got to go back out there. Who knows where this might lead us?" Thomas speaks the truth but Gally ain't for it. "You see what he's trying to do, right? First he breaks our rules, and then he tries to convince us to abandon them totally. What... The rules are the only thing that have ever held is together. Why now are we questioning that? If Alby was here you know he'd agree with me. This Shank...needs to be punished." Gally rants to Newt and I just look at him.

"You're right

"You're right. Thomas broke the rules. One night in the pit and no food." Newt says and I felt good about that but Gally didn't. "No. And we can't just have non-runners running into the maze whenever they feel like it. So let's just make this official. Starting from tomorrow you're a runner. Along with Amelia, no more med-jack then runner back and forth. You got what you wanted." Newt tells us and I nod my head holding back my smile as Gally and everyone leaves. "Amelia, a minute." Newt calls me over and Minho says he'll wait outside with Thomas for me.

"Yes?" I ask walking over to him. "I believe and trust you." He tells me going back to earlier. "Thank you and it's okay... Why did you make me a full time runner again?" I ask him. "I know that's where you fit in the best. Only reason I always stopped it in the past was because I was scared for you. It's a dangerous place and I'm scared of losing you like past Gladers." He says making me hug him. "As much as I love hearing that... we both know I can take care of myself. I'm not dying anytime soon and I'm not leaving my boys I care about." He hugs me back before I join the two outside. "We good?" Minho asks. "Yeah, also look at the number on the thing we found." I point out and he looks at it. "Yeah, interesting." He sighs, "You thinking what I was thinking?" I ask as Thomas follows us to the map room.