Part One: Five Years Gone

The years after Hogwarts were overly kind to Hermione Granger.

She found that nothing was out of her reach with her intelligence and good nature. Her hardworking habits and drive has provided her with great opportunities she never even dreamed of.

Fixing her earring back as she stands in her office hallway- Hermione prides herself on looking her best at the Ministry. She had just been promoted to Deputy Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement after three years of diligently helping house elves receive more rights and fair earnings.

It was hard for sure, but as her friends will tell you- you can't stop Hermione Granger from getting what she wants.

"So are we hitting up the pub tonight or are you going home to play house some more?" Leaning against her office door, Hermione's new work friend- Sarah Klins, studies her in her black dress. She and Hermione hit it off well after a week of trying to organize and file every single piece of paper Hermione had ever collected and coordinated for her departments. Her striking blonde hair and laser blue eyes often leave Hermione in Aw of her beauty. Being only three years older than Hermione, Sarah finds it adorable just how put together and yet overtly shy Hermione can be.

"Well, I was thinking about it, but he just called and said that he has a conference meeting about the new vaccine they need to start using for children under five in replacement to the normal boosters or whatever they're called." Hermione states and grabs her bag. The early beginnings of summer has left the office growing warmer and after a long day residing in it, many find that a cool glass of something strong teems the summer temperature just a bit.

"Oh jees. Muggles and their 'new advancements'. I can't believe he still likes that job. He's been there what? Since he was 22? I don't understand the whole- go to school for eight plus years to get a fancy piece of paper so you can treat children with primitive medical treatments." Sarah complains and Hermione just giggles as they lock up and head to the elevator.

"Muggles aren't primitive...they aren't magic users...but they aren't primitive. Growing up with dentists has showed me that some of the things they do is actually quite genius when compared to how we deal with some of our medical treatments."

"Like?"

"Like how they perform surgery. Wizards use magic but that doesn't always mean it helps the way we expect it too. One wrong flick of the wand or one wrong ingredient in a potion and your patient is dead." As the elevator descends, Sarah contemplated the Muggles ways.

"Yes, well...I don't know. I just think Muggles are odd."

"Pureblood." Hermione rolls her eyes and they exit on the main floor of the Ministry so they can leave.

"So about your wedding, when is Ginny and Luna planning your Hen Party?"

"Oh Gosh, I don't know. They don't tell me anything. They have a month and half before the actual I dos- so who knows with them. Wait." Hermione stops and looks at her. "You're a bridesmaid as well- how don't you have a clue as to what's going on?"

"They don't involve me. They and Fleur do a lot of it. I show up when they owl me."

"I'll talk to them- you shouldn't feel like you're welcome just because enough Haven known them half your life."

"Trust me, a couple of 24 year olds planning a Hen party is the least of my 27 years worth of problems." Leaving the Ministry, they head down Downing Street and they take a left and make their way towards the City of London. "Hey! I heard there's a new pub...well- it's not exactly new, but I've never heard of it until my Muggle friend Rachel told me she and her girlfriends went there two weeks ago just for a drink and there was this really good musician who bought the bar from the old man who used to own it— anyway, point is, it's on Old Street and we should totally go there for our drinks tonight. She said Fridays and Saturdays are when this guy plays and she says he's bloody good looking and what not."