Part 17: Girl's Trip

Thursday 13th

Hen Party Day!

She should be more excited.

She should be jumping off the floor and flying around the room like a Cornish Pixie ready to cause trouble.

But she's more of a Bowtruckle- just blending in with the environment- waiting for something to come up on it.

"Alright, are you dressed and ready to go?" Ginny pops in her apartment and Hermione sighs heavily- standing in her red dress from Bill and Fleur's wedding.

"I thought the part started at 8:30?"

"Yes- the one with your Mum and other women- not the one for you, me and Luna." She excitedly says and Hermione feigns excitement.

"Alright. Cool."

"What's wrong? You don't want to go? Cause we don't have to go."

"No- I want to go, I just....huh...I don't know. Is it horrible that I'm not...excited more?" She asks and Ginny raises an eyebrow.

"No- I mean, I wasn't all to thrilled for my Hen Party. Granted Fleur was there and all...but it's just cause you're nervous and excited about tomorrow. Is all. Right?"

No.

"Right." She lies and grabs her enchanted bag. She has a lot inside it, and yet not enough. She wants to take her stuff and shove it in the bag and just disappear until she can figure out why she feels so shitty.

"Okay well, let's go then." Grabbing Hermione's arm, she pops them into a weird closet and Hermione can barely see anything.

"Where are we?"

"Wait for it."

Pop!

"Hi girls!" Luna happily says and Ginny opens the door. Stepping out, they find themselves in a very fancy boutique. "Nails!!!"

"Oh cool. I needed them done." She excitedly says though she's suffering inside.

She doesn't know why.

This is what she wanted. Nails and a hen party that wasn't so risqué.

But she's not happy.

"Bonjour!" A French woman comes over to them and Ginny begins speaking French to her.

"Thought you could use a little French  Manicure in Paris before you're big party blow out." Luna says and three manicurists take the girls back to chairs where they begin doing beautiful French tips on them and three others tend to their feet- massaging them and making them silky smooth before doing their pedicures.

"Thank you both. This is wonderful. Truly."

"Don't mention it. We would do anything for you, Mione."

"I know..."

"Are you sure you're okay?" Ginny asks and Hermione doesn't know what the appropriate answer would be.

"I am...I just..."

"You're worried about Draco- aren't you?" Ginny asks.

"I seen him yesterday. Lucius is doing your floral bouquet for tomorrow." Both women shoot a look of shock and confusion at Luna and both are so curious as to why. "Apparently, Lucius enjoys flowers and close going to start working to help out this girl make flower arrangements because he knows what should go where and what not."

"That...is highly disturbing to think about." Ginny says as she sips a mimosa a woman hands her.

"Very disturbing. Not because men can't enjoy flowers and working with them, but because Lucius Malfoy doesn't strike me as a flower arrangement kind of guy. I mean, his whole aesthetic is dark and moody." Hermione states and Luna shrugs as she takes a drink of her mimosa.