Part 16: Influential

Looking around the flower shop, Draco find several pretty seedlings and adult plants, though he's not inspired by them, he doesn't mind a little botanical observation.

Turning back, he finds his father looking as though he's a child in Honeyduke's for the first time.

"So many times choose from. Hmm, astounding." He quietly muses and Draco grins slightly.

"What about this Hollyhock?" Draco asks and his father comes over to observe the bright pink flower with their pale yellow center.

"Alcea is their scientific name. They're of the Malvaceae family. Very beautiful and fregrant, but I don't think the color suits the manor." Lucius snidely says. Draco rolls his eyes at his father's pompous attitude.

"How about those purple ones?" He points to another cluster of budding flowers and Lucius turns his head slightly like a cat who finds something intriguing- and goes slowly over to the flowers.

"Zinnias. Heliantheae. Very pretty, but imported from the US. I don't think they would do very well here." He moves along as if the flower disgusts him and moves to a light pink flower with dark purplish streaks in it. "Now this, Draco, is a Common Mallow also known as Malva Sylvestris. Very lovely don't you think?"

"Oh, yeah. Very lovely indeed." Picking up the small plastic cup, Lucius observes the flower in his hand and takes in its beauty. Though his face looks skeptical and angered almost- inside, he is screaming like a little school boy; excited to work with his new treasure. "So you need a bigger pot, yeah?"

"Yes. This little huddling will need a lot of space. It's in prime growing season now- though if put in the ground- it won't germinate for next year- so it's in the house for you my friend." He speaks to the pony and Draco inwardly snickers at how his father treats the plant better he's ever treated his own son and wife. "Alright, let's find a plant pot and get this little guy home."

"Are you going to show Mum your plant baby?" Draco asks and Lucius turns and looks at him as if he's crazy.

"Certainly not."

"Why? It's just a flower."

"I thought you said I should get her flowers- I have to grow them first since you said it's frowned upon to use magic to conjure some."

"Haha, you can buy a bouquet and your plant baby- Dad, you don't need to wait a whole year for that one to grow. That can be your hobby- a bouquet today can be a surprise for Mum."

"Maybe you're right. Go pick one out. You know what she'll like."

"Dad, the point of this is for you to treat your wife. Not me. Go find one you like. All the pretty flowers and some nice ribbon."

"Huh....hold him. AND DO NOT DROP HIM!" Lucius aggressively says to his son as he hands him the plant cup.

"Hmm...give him a dream and he becomes a whole new person."

"Draco?" Whipping around, Draco finds the dreamy voiced woman standing behind him.

"Luna! What, um...what are you doing here?"

"I'm placing the final arrangement orders for the wedding. Hermione's been so stressed lately that she nearly forgot to order her bouquet and things." She dreamily says and smiles up at him and then at the pot. "Are you buying a flower to plant?"

"Oh...um...it's actually for..."

"I think is one looks lovely, except I wouldn't have put the clematis in next to the peony. It drowns it out too much and..." Lucius stops talking when he looks up and finds Luna Lovegood staring at him with a soft smile on her face. "Oh..."