Part 11: Pain

"Draco..." Hermione asks Draco as they just sit there. He says nothing and she knows why he's upset...or at least she thinks she knows. "About the necklace..."

"I don't care." He stands up and picks up the glass on the floor with his bare hands. Hermione watches him and now notices that her glass is missing. Getting up, he goes behind the bar and disposed of the glass.

"You alright, Drac?" Ashley asks and leans in closer to him- Hermione watches this closely and feels...odd. "You want Hines to say something to him?"

"No. Just leave it be."

"What'd he say?"

"What do you think he said?" He growls and stares over at Hermione- who weakly smiles, but doesn't receive one back.

"I see..." Hines knows how it is to be in a love triangle. He's been there and he'd be damned if he ever did it again.

Going down the hallway, he leaves Hermione at her table- confused and yet know exactly why he's upset.

"Hey, Baby- I gotta go. Car accident down town. Two kids involved." He comes out and looks around. "Where's your boy?"

"Left."

"Oh...he's not really a friendly chap now is he?"

"He usually is."

"Oh well- I gotta go." He kisses her cheek and leaves with his jacket and tossing some money on the table for her to pay with. She watches him leave and takes the money. Going to the bar, she waits patiently and the girl comes over.

"How can I help?"

"I need to pay for my drinks. A martini and whiskey." She kindly says.

"No problem. That's £20."

"Here."

"You're Hermione right?" The woman asks and she nods. "I'm Ashley- Draco's friend..."

"Oh- how did it go with your brother and his fiancé?" Ashley seems confused and looks at her queerly.

"I'm sorry?"

"Draco said that your brother's fiancé came in with another guy. He said you asked if you should tell him or not." Understanding, she wishes she could just put Hermione's fiancé and do Draco a favor- but she isn't one to get involved in drama.

"Oh...Um...I decided to gather evidence so he believes me. Wouldn't want him to say I'm a liar and hate me."

"But he's by our brother? How could he hate you?"

"It's a strained relationship. We haven't talked in years cause of some dumb thing and he just started communicating with me again so- I don't want to ruin it. You know?" She lies through her teeth and Hermione is none the wiser.

"Probably for the best to gather evidence then. I hope it goes well for you both."

"Same."

"What?"

"I mean...I hope it goes well as well..."

Walking towards the hallway, she opens the door and climbs the stairs to his apartment. Getting to the door, she knocks and waits before entering. She finds him sitting on his couch staring out the double window before him.

Unmoving.

Uncaring.

Unloved.

"Draco." He doesn't say anything and she walks over to the the living room couch and sits down on the couch beside him- sitting sides a bit so she can see him. "I had forgotten...about the necklace. Honestly, I used to wear it and when I stopped it got tucked away in my jewelry case and it was a last minute gift for him..."