Part 14: Breakfast In Bed

Tuesday, July 12th

Have you ever felt like a big arse truck had been parked on top of you?

No?

Well that's how Draco feels at the moment. He feels as though a Giant came and sat right down on his whole body and his lungs and chest couldn't expand under the weight.

Rolling over the best he can, he painfully tries to open his eyes, but he has zero energy to do so.

Hearing footsteps coming down the hall- he tries his best to open his eyes and sit up, but he can't. The footsteps get closer and then a slight clattering of something being set beside him on his beside table pops in his ears. He feels the bed sink near his chest and a thin dainty little finger push his hair off his forehead.

"Draco- darling- wake up."Her angelic voice gently whispers to him and her hand removes itself from his hair and embraces his stubbles left cheek. "Come, Draco...wake up- you can do it."

Finally finding a bit of strength, he flutters his eyes open and glances up word to the Angel sitting next to him.

"There you are." Her sweet white toothed smile warms his cold body- which is rather close because he finds he has no shirt on- just his boxers. "How are you feeling?"

"Weak...what...what happened?" He asks- hazy and lost on how he became in this state.

"Ashley, is a Cambion and had been feeding off of you."

"Fuck...." His deep tired voice scratches her ears and causes her smile to perk up a bit. "She okay?"

Her smile drops just a bit at his concern and she forces herself to be nice.

"You did a number on her memory. She's at St. Mungo's. They said they've never seen such a terrible case of anterograde amnesia from a memory charm before. She doesn't even know what she is any more. You killed every memory and instinct inside her. The hospital isn't sure if she would be able to make it out on her own, so they're keeping her as a permanent patient until they can figure out what to do." She was highly impressed- and pleased- with how Draco did a number of that bitch. Just the sight of her kissing him left her body temperature rising uncontrollably. Let alone when she was stroking him. "No, matter: I've managed to fix up a stamina potion for you. You've been down two days. It's a bit rough on the stomach, so I had been putting it in your food. Soup mostly. It'll take a bit for it to kick in, but you should be back to normal in a day or two."

"Two...Days?"

"Yes. It's Tuesday. She was one kiss away from leaving a corpse behind."

"But...work..."

"Don't worry. Hines and Rodney and I have been taking care of everything for you. People are still drinking- so your Pub is fine." She reassured him, but he shakes his head.

"Your...work..." She blushes and stands up, helping him sit up so she can feed him.

"I called off."

"Gav...Gavin?"

"Medical convention in Galway until the wedding- his friends are going out there for his bachelor party- so..." Getting him to a sitting position, she sits back down and grabs the plate of eggs, toast and breakfast ham.

It's been odd for her.

She's excited to marry Gavin.

Truly.

She loves him with all...well, most of her heart.

A good portion of it still belongs to Draco.