𝐎𝐍𝐄: the grace in him

chapter one

꒰☁️꒱

haneul looked around her, finding the empty place strangely calm, yet she couldn't complain. she needed that one moment of silence in her hectic life, wanting to push everything away for a while and enjoy.

but what could she enjoy? it's not like there was something worth-noticing around the place she lived, nothing that would intrigue her and drag her attention to it.

she cupped her hands around her mouth and blew on them, trying to maintain warmth, at the same time searching for a place to settle herself down.

smoke came out of her mouth, a laugh escaping her lips at the thought of her brother and his unique way of stories narration. the way princes, princesses and dragons came in life and crowded their small bedroom.

sunoo was a boy with dreams over his eyes and a smile customizing his face, fun to be around and the brother she was lucky enough to have and claim as hers.

but with him being miles away and studying for his dream job, she had a hard time trusting her secrets to her parents or friends, cause sunoo was the only one to help her, embracing her and giving the best of advice.

this is why taking an afternoon walk had turned into a habit that kept her busy every now and then. it could do for now, she'd always think of it that way and calm herself down.

it was another cold afternoon with her hands stuffed in the pockets of her jacket, her sinking deeper inside the warm clothe, with only her head peeking out of the furry mess.

she halted her steps, feeling how the ground beneath her feet suddenly felt soft, the grass being stepped and some water landing on her converse shoes. she smiled, taking a few more steps further and seeing as she reached her usual spot.

the cliff. there was a bench that time had broke down into pieces of wood, yet there was the main part that stood still, proudly powered with so much time and weather resistance.

haneul had a look around, finding nothing else but the calming breeze blowing, and like an invisible hand, it'd comb her hair softly and full of affection, as she leaned more into the touch of it.

taking a breath was the first step she would take, before she sat down and let the now filled with her worries air escape from her nostrils, cleaning up her troubled inside.

her phone was in her hip pocket, the thought of calling sunoo and having a talk with him seeming tempting, yet the girl chose to remain still and just enjoy the picturesque wonder in front of her.

the way the sun set, the emerald and green colors of the mountains in the horizon being painted with the pink, orange and red light of the rays, now a palette of warm and dazzling colors being created, making her close her eyes while leaning her head back.

there was this intoxicating scent of pink roses lingering in the air, her blaming it on the rose bush some meters away. well, not that it was annoying, in fact it just made the whole thing seem real.

it made her feel alive midst feeling dead inside.

"ow-" a small yelp made her gasp with her head jerking up, eyes screwing to each side, searching for the source of the deep voice and the soft thud that followed after.