𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑: surprise

chapter twenty four

꒰☁️꒱

people arrived one by one or in small groups of two, and soon the backyard was crowded by the loud classmates of theirs. others took over the snack table, while others danced along the music eric had chosen as the dj.

"I swear you're the best friend I could have asked for." haneul said while she hopped her way to the boy, embracing him tightly enough as he giggled and looked at heeseung. "he's jealous."

"I am not jealous, I ain't haneul's only friend, blame her social butterfly ass for that." he said, sipping on his drink and stuffing his mouth with a handful of spicy chips. "by the way, please tell me where did you get these ones from cause I am for sure in love."

"ask jungwon, he bought them for me. well well, speaking of the devil." she said, heeseung choking on his drink as he watched jungwon walking his way to the girl. "oh? devil who?"

"devil you." he retorted, a nervous yet naughty chuckle escaping eric's lips. jungwon glared at him, munching on a chip as he fixed his gaze on the girl. "is everything going as planned?"

"much better than expected. so many people came and I'm really happy to see everyone getting along. hoonie is making so many new friends and I'm really happy for him."

jungwon searched with his eyes from the top of his cup, spoting the said boy happily chatting with an unknown to him group of people. he'd like to guess that eric brought them around, for he is quiet the most sociable one.

"I feel like a proud mom." she wiped a fake tear, heeseung teasingly pushing her with a laugh. "okay mommy, now go pick your son up. it's almost dance time, and I'm sure you wouldn't like any random girl dancing with him."

"I ain't the jealous type, but you tempt me into becoming one with those sick ideas." she frustratingly ran up to the raven, heeseung observing her as she smiled at the group while linking her hand with sunghoon's.

"choke on your drink, bitch." jungwon mumbled under his breath, swirling his cup while staring at the lemonade mixing up with the cherry juice he'd just added. heeseung turned his head around.

"can't you just stop being so...awfully bad for once?" he tried hard to make it seem as natural as it could, yet the menace in his voice couldn't hide how angry he was and how much he'd like to kick the younger.

on the other hand, jungwon couldn't contain his laughter, dimples showing as he evily giggled his way to him. "oh hyung, to be so foolish and stupid like you. you know me, I can't resist."

"yang jungwon, I warn you. don't you dare ruin the night, cause in the name of my pride, I won't ever forgive you." he hissed through gritted teeth, as the dimpled boy enjoyed his angry face all the more, getting drunk in his very own jealousy.

"you'd like to think that your awfully much stupid warnings would scare or intimidate me all the while. but yang jungwon has an ace up on his sleeve. enjoy your spicy chips as much as you can, lee heeseung, and stop being one of a big obstacle in my way."

he said, taking a sip of his drink, the sourness of the lemonade mixing up with the sweetness of the cherry juice, contently smirking at the sight of the older not being able to respond or act the way he'd like to ─ choking him to death was maybe the least heeseung has imagined doing.

"jungwon, in those five years of what I thought it was friendship. please, I beg you, don't ruin the night for both of them. haneul deserves better, him too─"

"he deserves nothing but pain. don't even try to change my mind hee, he's nothing but an absolute shit of a man to me, sent by the universe to ruin all of my plans in just a day."

"he doesn't deserve such a life."

he whispered, intensely looking at the older while creasing his brows in pain and sorrow. heeseung could feel him, he's went through the same, yet he'd never wish for anyone's misfortune ─ how much death ─ if it were for his friend to be happy.

"I'm so sorry to tell this won, but your sick mind has gotten its toll on me. do whatever you want, cry all you want, put as many curses as your dark heart desires to both of them and me. but... don't you dare hurt haneul on such a special day."

disappointed in his very own self and his friend's childish behavior, the boy chose to leave the backyard and close himself in a room. he dragged his feet up the stairs and opened the door to haneul's room.

he found it dark and empty, much to his expectation, as he locked the door and plopped himself down on her soft bed, the scent of lavender coming off the sheets and making him feel dizzy and sleepy.

his eyes automatically shut close, the music getting louder, as his temples throbbed. pain took over his whole head, making him whine and press his temples hard with his hands, in a try to lessen the pain.

in the meantime, eric changed the upbeat music to some soft, ballad type one, and asked for all the lovebirds, as well as some newly made couples, to make their way to the center of the yard.

sunghoon gracefully bowed at haneul and extended his hand, beckoning for her to follow him on the improvised dance floor. she bowed in return, her hand meeting his soft one in a matter of seconds, and moments later they found themselves midst other pairs of youngsters moving along the music.

haneul leaned her head on his chest, feeling his heartbeat against her ears, smiling at the way it rose with each second passing by. "flustered much, aren't we?"

"don't you dare make fun of me." "I'd never, when in fact this is how I also feel right now." she said, pressing her body closer to him, so that he could feel her rising heartbeat, which made him smile. "woah, calm down in there young lady. I don't want you to pass out or something."

"why? too heavy to carry?" she teased, him chuckling upon seeing the person entering the room. "nope, you'll just miss all the fun." he put his hands on her shoulders and turned her around.

haneul raised a brow at him, yet soon enough was shocked to meet the eyes of the person behind her, one that till now seemed to be forgotten, yet this night would remain unforgettable, for he came back.

"s─sunoo?"