𝐓𝐖𝐎: innocent afternoons

chapter two

꒰☁️꒱

haneul kept spinning her chair round and round, heeseung staring at her confused face while listening to her ramble. it's not like he couldn't handle the continuous thirty minute talking of hers, after that one and a half hour last summer.

"and if you saw the way he moved, oh my gosh seung I feel like I'm falling in love with him, and I don't even know him as an individual, yet it feels like I've been knowing him for years!"

a squeal escaped her mouth, making him scrunch his nose up, blocking his ears. "haneul please, I am with only three hours of sleep and I can't stand loud noises-" "I CAN'T STAND THE RAIN!"

"no comment." he muttered, taking a chip and shoving it into his mouth, her falling back onto the chair with a dreamy look. "hee, it was indeed the most beautiful thing I've seen in my life, like what will I do if I don't meet him again?"

"girl, don't worry. I'm pretty sure you will meet more handsome men than him. for example, me!" he stuck his hands on his hips, the disgusted look he expected slowly forming on her face. "no, no and no."

"whyy~" he whined, falling on the bed next to her and rubbing his face on the mattress. "I wanna have a chance too." haneul slammed her hand on his butt and made him jerk up and turn around, frowning with a pout.

"if you are to have a chance, it ain't with me amigo." she hissed, making him grab a pillow and hold it in front of him. "okay okay, don't attack me like that. geez relax."

"you know how much I love you hee, but please don't be the reason I'll go on jail." she chuckled, standing up and pulling the curtain open. "shall we invite jungwon by? that boy will drown in his books if we don't do something."

"let him be, you know how much he likes studying. plus, he has a goal, unlike us." he said, shaking his head with pursed lips, as haneul clicked her tongue. "don't remind me."

she then turned her body around and supported herself on the sill by her hands. "hey jungwon!" she took one of the pebbles she had secretly placed in there, throwing it and making it land on the window across.

soon, it opened to reveal a boy with hairs falling over his face and glasses supported on the bridge of his nose, a confused look plastered on his face as he fixed them. "haneul, is everything alright?"

the girl nodded with a big smile, then waved her hand as if beckoning for him to come. "c'mon, me and seung will order pizza and watch netflix. he's paying this time, don't worry." "eh?"

"I'd love to, but I have three chapters to study and learn by heart, maybe some other time?" he said, looking around, the girl's lips forming a pout as they drew downwards. "wow, I knew you were no fun, but not this much!"

he kept his stare steady, blinking once in a blue moon as he thought of what he could do. he couldn't just give up on her offer, but then again studying came first. no wait - friends, but his future depends on now-

"ugh!" a loud groan made the girl and eventually the one laying on the bed jerk up and look at him, as jungwon faced the both of them with a nervous smile and a loud puff. "well, maybe a break isn't bad from time to time."

"yay! come on, I'll open the door and greet you with a kiss!" at that, the boy immediately closed the window and sprinted out of the room, her chuckles making heeseung look at her. "you mean it?"

"of course I do, what's a kiss between friends hmm?" she said, hopping her way to the living room with the tall boy tagging along. soon, the doorbell rang, signaling that he was here.

"wow, flash went jobless because of you jungwon, I'm proud of my bestie!" with that, she leaned closer to his face and planted a kiss on his cheek, a sigh of relief escaping heeseung's lips.

"come in, mom isn't here and dad just left an hour ago, we have all the day for ourselves!" she exclaimed with a spring in her steps, leading the way to one of the couches and plopping her body there. the two followed suit.

"anyways, what do you kiddos wanna order? you." she said and pointed at the raven boy that has just arrived. "want a child pack from mcdonald's?" she joked, making him laugh before his face went straight. "funny."

"oh it sure is." she mumbled, grabbing the table phone and dialing the usual number all of them have grown to remember as if it was their name. "so, one with pineapple for me, and two with bacon and cheese?"

"add extra sauce to one of them." the raven shyly added, making her pinch his cheek and shake his head. "okay, whatever the baby wants." she said, standing up and entering the kitchen.

while she was making the order, the brunette kept glancing in until her voice wasn't audible enough, making him stand up and sit next to a much preoccupied jungwon, this leading to him yelping in surprise when he saw heeseung next to him. "what the-"

"admit it, you just came for the kiss." he whispered, looking back at the door of the kitchen to see if haneul was coming. jungwon was left with a mouth agape. "no, for god's sake, I came for the food."

"right." heeseung mumbled while tapping his bottom lip. "free food." his head sharply turned around and eyed the boy up and down before he stood up. keeping a steady eye contact, he settled himself down and brought two fingers up his eyes.

"I am watching you." he mouthed, the raven gulping harshly before haneul came in and sat down next to him. "in twenty minutes. now, what shall we do while waiting?"

"oh, how about that new board game you bought last week?" heeseung was the first to speak up, making her eyes widen and her mouth hang open. "oh my, I forgot about it. lemme just, do a little marathon till grandma's house and we can play."

"don't be sarcastic haneul." jungwon mumbled beside her, the girl looking at him with a pretendious smile, her hand sneaking on both his sides. "did you say something won?"

"u-uh-" there was no time left for him to answer, as she started tickling him, heeseung laughing at the boy's much terrified look. haneul climbed up to him, her hands tickling his tummy as jungwon let out a scream.

"stop it, it hurts." he laughed out, as she abruptly dragged her hands away from him, the raven sighing in relief. "oof - thought I was dying." he heaved and helped himself up, haneul fixing her hair.

"this ain't the end, oh my dear won. I will take my revenge some day." she said with a sinister smile, the shivers not failing to ran down his spine and make him quiver.

"hope this is just a joke." "haha - no, it ain't." "SO BABY OOH, OH YOU'RE IN TROUBLE-" "SHUT IT SEUNG!"