𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄: sweet lies

chapter twenty three

꒰☁️꒱

the day of the party finally arrived, much to haneul's nervousness. after getting dressed up in her favorite airy light yellow dress and having her hair flowing freely down her shoulders, she called jungwon over to help her with the remained preparations.

"let's now blow the balloons. you get the yellow ones, I get the white ones." she said and handed him a yellowish pack. jungwon looked at it for a split second, before he took a seat on the couch and opened it.

"hey haneul...uhm, why are you even throwing that party?" he shyly asked, haneul blowing on a white balloon first before answering his question while tying the end of it.

"uhm, just because. I've been in loads of parties before, so I thought I'd also have my own one, given that summer is around the corner, exams too. in a way, I want y'all to get your minds off studying for a night."

"you're too kind." jungwon said while tying his first balloon, going for a new one before the bell ringed. "I'll get it." he mumbled, haneul quietly thanking him, for she was busy with another balloon.

jungwon opened the door, his smile dropping at the sight of sunghoon. the taller's grin vanished once he met eyes with the raven, yet tried to be nice and greet him a good afternoon, even tho his words still ringed every bit of his mind.

"hello won." he said, smiling a little as jungwon glanced at haneul running at the door to greet her boyfriend. after a lot of effort, he tried to smile back, a smile so forced that sunghoon felt his nerve system wrecking.

"hey babe." he said, wrapping his arm around haneul's  waist while planting a kiss on her forehead. she beamed at him while hugging back. "drop those cheesy things for tonight."

"why? don't wanna blush in front of everyone?" he teased with a smirk as haneul hid her face on the crook of his neck. "stop."

"ahem, get a room." jungwon placed his hands over his eyes, her rolling her eyes as she guided sunghoon in the living room. "we're almost done with the torturous part, next up is the drinks."

"you two, I'll get the balloons done by myself. can you get the lemonade all ready for me?" she said, looking at the two alternatively. jungwon wanted to do anything but be in the same room as sunghoon, yet had no other choice but to listen to haneul.

walking into the kitchen, haneul had already placed two big bowls in the counter, as the taller went to open the fridge. "wow, haneul made all of that by herself?"

"do you underestimate her abilities?" jungwon scoffed, adding to his own statement before sunghoon was able to defend himself. "haneul is capable of anything, but there's one thing she sucks at."

sunghoon raised a brow. "and that is?" jungwon looked up from the bowl, an unusual glint of mischief in his eyes. "well...picking her significant other."

"who are you to say that?" the sudden wave of confidence, as well as need to defend himself, scared sunghoon, and jungwon noticed the way he flinched while trying to avoid his gaze.

"I'm her best friend, I know her well, as if she was the back of my hand. I can say I know more about her than I do about myself, and...more than you do about her."

sunghoon stopped pouring the drink in the big bowl, eyeing the boy from head to toe as he placed the glass of lemonade on the counter. "you seem to forget that I'm her boyfriend."

"you also seem to forget that you are nothing but a stranger she met three months ago by accident." he took the other glass of lemonade and started pouring the content into the other bowl.  "she knows nothing about you and your past."

"wrong. she knows everything about my past, and I do know about her past too." he grinned upon seeing jungwon creasing his brows, crossing his hands over his chest with his tongue poking his inner cheek.

the raven boy looked up and saw the confident face sunghoon had wore. in a matter of seconds, he had burst into a series of quiet laughs, making the boy across him raise a brow.

"oh, poor sunghoon park. how many things you'd like to believe you know, but how little do you actually have in mind." he mixed the lemonade with a specific amount of water, reaching for one of the plastic cups next to them and filling it.

"be more specific, yang jungwon. I hate it when people use riddles." he said, leaning on the counter as the raven sipped on his lemonade. the sourness took over his cavern, as he enjoyed every bit of it along with the salty expression in sunghoon's face.

"you'd like to think that you are her first love, but I'd say you're more of a...distraction from her first love."

sunghoon froze on spot, seeing as the girl was now entering the room, the raven placing the cup on the counter as he glanced over at him. sunghoon's pale skin has turned paler, bottom lip quivering as he tried to play it cool.

"jungwon, I told you to get the drinks done, not the lemonade drunk." a sigh of annoyance followed, as well as her distinctive laugh. sunghoon was now witnessing jungwon acting all cute to run away with his blunder.

"nevermind, help me get those bowls in the tables outside and babe, you get the balloons outside. hurry up, they'll be here in half an hour and I haven't even gotten my make-up done."

"what make-up?" both boys asked at the same time, glaring at each other as haneul shrugged. "uh...mine?"

"you need no make-up." the tall boy said, as jungwon added. "you've got natural beauty. who needs make-up when they have a face like haneul kim, right sunghoon?"

"right jungwon." sunghoon widened his eyes, angry at how he agreed with something jungwon had stated, as the girl was left staring at the two with a mouth agape.

"uhm, okay? I'll just add some blush and clear lip gloss, or maybe some lip balm. my lips are dry as heck." "I can wet them for you-" "no thanks hoonie, you've done a lot."

jungwon faked a puke, taking one of the bowls as haneul took the other. sunghoon went on with collecting a bunch of balloons and trying to have all of them taken out in the backyard without dropping one.

"you look like you've shitted yourself hun." heeseung had just entered the house, seeing sunghoon struggling to keep the balloons in his lap, as he ran towards him to prevent some of them falling.

"thanks I guess?" they walked out of the house and found haneul happily chatting with jungwon, oblivious of the raven's slight smirk once he saw the taller walking out with his face looking more perplexed than ever.

"great, we're now all done. I'll be gone to my room, you wait here and if the bell rings, please open the door for me." she smiled, them nodding as she ran back inside the house, leaving the boys alone with feelings mixed up.

"so...how's it going?"