𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄: evil deeds

chapter nine

꒰☁️꒱

"it was amazing!" "no, it was a living hell." jungwon crossed him arms and pouted, jake chuckling as he leaned on his desk and supported his head on his right fist.

"why? food, strict parents or..." "the ice prince himself." the australian boy nodded in acknowledgment, glancing at the sulking raven.

"when I say confess, I'm not playing around. I mean it. you really do need to make a move, the universe ain't on your favor yang. just gather all your courage and say it, what's so difficult in it?"

"of course it's difficult, do you think that I can handle the rejection?" the other retorted, eyes popping out with his whole body jerking up. "better let a train ran me over."

"but then again, a rejection from your high school crush is nothing in front of the eternity and every love phase you're gonna go through." heeseung butted in, jake clapping his hands as he pointed at him.

"right. you're gonna fall for women and women in your life, and maybe most of them won't be the right ones and will reject you, or the feelings will soon wear off."

"so, if haneul rejects you, you'll just have to get past through it. or, you can try to win her heart, but sadly life is not a fairy story."

"and you never really know if you just don't try."

jungwon attentively listened to what his friends had to say, for he had to quickly jump into a conclusion and see what he has to do, before that tall skinny raven skater snatches his one and only chance.

"just...let me figure it out by myself. I appreciate your help, but I feel kinda suffocated." he said, standing up as he stuffed his hands on his pockets.

"I'll be off for the next period, could you please keep some notes for me?" he said referring to jake, who nodded at his words with a smile. "no worries, take your time and I hope you sort it out quickly."

as the younger exited the class with his head hanging low, sunghoon was just coming in with a big smile on his lips and his steps showing how giddy he was feeling. jungwon internally cursed the time and place.

"morning won." the taller greeted, the younger forcing a smile. "morning."

"do you know where haneul is?" was the next thing he uttered, as jungwon felt his insides bowling. huh, did he really have the audacity to ask him about her? wasn't he supposed to be aware of her whereabouts─

click.

if sunghoon wasn't in such a hurry, he'd for sure had noticed the creepy smile forming on the younger's lips, who's mind immediately came up with one of an evil plan.

ho ho, let the game begin.

"she's at the back of the school, I think she's helping out with the decorations for the upcoming spring festival." he said with a wide grin, and lucky him his friends had their attention drawn to whatever jake was desplaying on his phone.

sunghoon sighed in relief. "thanks a ton jungwon-ah." and with that, he ran off to wherever the boy had told him.

jungwon chuckled, glancing back at the two before he left the room and walked down the corridor, closely yet secretly following the boy. he had no idea how he'll trick him, but he hoped that the universe that jake's always cursing out would somehow help him.

and it did, by him bumping into the janitor who gave him a look mixed up with annoyance and help. the boy lost no time in bowing, then looking down to see a bucket filled with dirty water.

"oh, you need help with that?" he of course didn't wait for a response, as his hands gripped on the handle, the janitor giving him a grateful smile.

"thanks a lot." he said. "if it's not a big bother for you, could you dump the water in the toilets and fill it up with some new one?"

jungwon snickered. "it's absolutely no bother at all." he said, walking off as he looked around for a room. once he found the right one, he oh so carefully opened the door and gently closed it behind him.

sunghoon reached the backyard of the school, where many kids were gathered up while helping up with assembling the stage. his eyes were looking for a specific someone, but sadly no sign of theirs in the place.

"maybe...he was mistaken?" he tried to switch the situation into both his and jungwon's favor, by wanting to think that he had no bad intentions.

he could say how jungwon was not in favor of his presence since day one in this school, and he could swear that his hatred for him could have even lit up before their actual meeting. there wasn't a reason his poor mind could come up with as to why he'd treat him like that, since they have never met before, plus sunghoon had no such intention of getting into trouble.

he looked around for a tad bit, many noticing how the graceful boy with the great ice skating skills was now hopelessly wandering around, with most of them being the reason behind it.

"haneul is not here, she left just some moments ago cause the principal was asking for her." the dance prodigy of class a, ni-ki his name, told him while trying to balance some papers in his hands as sunghoon reached for the almost falling ones.

"I see, thanks a lot." he said, placing the stack of papers on a table, as he set off to the office inside the building, but just a couple of steps before the main entrance, he felt his whole world turning around and crushing.

cold water washed over him, making him wet to the bone, as he stood there in an attempt to process the situation. but no time was left, as a bucket with no content came falling to him and perfectly landed on his head, trapping it on its inside and gratefully hiding his great embarrassment.

"h─hey hoon, are you alright?"

a girl popped up in front of him, in a try to sound normal as she went to grab the grey bucket and reveal his face, yet the boy took the honor to embarrass himself with his own two hands.

he left the bucket on the ground and looked at her with a small smile. she looked like she was about to burst out laughing at any moment given, and sunghoon knew all too well that grin in her lips, showcasing petiness and eagerness to laugh at him, even make fun of him.

"yeah. I'm absolutely fine."

the water had started evaporating due to the hotness of the weather, feeling as the white t-shirt was sticking on his body, as well as the stinking scent of it reaching his nostrils and making him wanna vomit.

"sunghoon~oh my gosh, what─" the boy showed her his palm, signaling that there was no room for discussion, as he ran off to the place he was used to, where everything was hidden and no one could interrupt him: the cliche yet comfortably friendly cubicles of the bathroom.

the script sounded oh so painfully familiar to him, as he sunk deeper into his despair, taking off his shirt while hugging his legs close to his body.

haneul was left staring at the main entrance, trying to find reasons why sunghoon was like that. no thoughts of following him, he was clearly in need of personal space, yet curiosity killed the cat, as she found her way in the maze of the school interior.

and there he was, in all his glory, the spawn of the devil, leaning on the sill of the window with a victorious smile lighting up his face, brows raised up in content.

"don't get your hopes high, sunghoon. the ice prince in you will soon enough melt, and I'll be the silent contributor to it."