18: The Grey Line

_________________

_________________

You should never let your opponent get the better of you. You don't know what's up their sleeve and you could fall into their trap.

Izuku Midoriya just let Hitoshi Shinsou get the better of him, easily got aggitated and now is in the position of where he is now: standing in the middle of the arena like a statue with soul-less eyes.

"I told him not to say anything!" Ojiro groans from the stands. Clearly he's aware of what is happening before them unlike everyone else who seems to be confused, standing up from their seats and worrying for the green-haired boy.

"The fight has just begun and Midoriya is... completely frozen?!!!"

Yuju stays silent, still seated on her chair with crossed arms as she stares down at the figures of both Midoriya and Shinsou. She honestly doesn't care who wins or loses in this 'fight', simply wanting to know how everything would progress seeing as how it sudden got boring yet interesting at the same time.

Brainwashing. That's what his quirk is. He can brainwash people when they answer him... quite a powerful quirk yet he never made it into the hero course.

"Kirishima," Yuju calls out the redhead beside her, not bothering to turn her head to face him as she still continues to eye the two students in the arena. Hearing a hum from the boy, she continues, "What did you have to fight in the entrance exam?"

Turning to face the pink and black haired girl who has a blank look on her face, he hums in thought before snapping his fingers, "We fought robots in the practical part." He answers before furrowing his brows, "why?"

Yuju bites her bottom lip before nodding. "No reason." She responds.

Shinsou's quirk can't be used on robots. Even if he was able to pass the written test, he didn't stand a chance in the practicals. The entrance exam was irrational, only those with physically capable quirk were able to pass. How unfair.

Looking at it now, it's fairly clear that Shinsou is powerful, having to activate his quirk with merely his target replying to him. After that, he can command them to do whatever he wants.

Midoriya, still under the control of the purple haired boy's influence, turns around and begins to walk straight out of bounds, baffling and even upseting everyone except Yuju who remains in her seat with crossed arms. It's game over for her classmate.

"Realistically speaking, he would win this entire festival..." Yuju says out loud, catching the attention of mainly her friends: Mina, Kirishima, Sero, Kaminari and ever Bakugou(who's acting like he isn't listening). She narrows her eyes with a small frown, "No one in this festival can keep their mouths shut."

Everyone who made it this far are either loudmouths or can't seem to always keep their thoughts to themselves, examples of the latter are Yuju and Todoroki. A disrespectful or rude comment is bound to snap Yuju and Todoroki always thinks of a comeback especially in a situation like this where everyone is a competition.