21: Fullest Potential

< PART 1 >

< PART 1 >

____________________

"I told you not to come.!" A grumpy old man said with his gruffy voice as he stares at the two youngsters in the hospital room, one a sixteen year old and the other eleven. "Stop buying flowers to bring with you all the time."

"You always give me that." The older of the two sighs, "Besides, these aren't for you. They're for the nurses."

"All the more reason not to, you fool!" The old man yelled. "And what about your club? Go to your club! Your club!"

The eleven year old sighs as she listens to the two males bicker back and forth, a thing they would often do when her and her older brother would visit the old man. Pushing her glasses higher on the bridge of her nose, she remains silent as she pulls out her school materials to answer her latest homework.

"Oh, chill out. It ends before 5PM, I wouldn't be visiting you if I didn't have the free time and neither would Ju." Yuji says as he rummages through the cabinets in the room, most likely looking for a vase to put the flowers he bought in.

"Good." The old man gruffly says, satisfied. "Then listen to me since i've got free time too. There's something I want to tell you before the end."

"Not interested." Yuji mumbles.

"Just listen well." Wasuke interrupts, "It's about your parents-"

"I said i'm not interested." Yuji says with a bit of whining in his voice to cover up the obvious irritation in his tone. "Me and Ju aren't interested." He adds once he notices his sister's grip on her pen had tightened. "Grandpa, could you stop trying to act all cool before you die?"

The old man scoffed, "Every man wants to go out in style, you know! Get a clue, you useless grandson! Even that boring sister of yours has great observation skills!"

"Quit snapping over everything." Yuji tiredly says, "You can just be yourself."

Wasuke stares at his grandson for a few seconds before letting out a loud grunt and averting his attention to the youngest in the room who had remained silent the entire time."Yuju."

The girl hums and looks up from her book, "yes?"

The old man grunts with a pouty frown as he stares at the fifth grader, her hair up in what you would usually call a 'man bun'. "Why aren't you going out, huh?" He asked, the frown still evident on his wrinkled face, "You should be living life to the fullest! Go to a mall and have fun!"

Yuju simply stares at her grandfather for a few seconds before letting out a sigh, fixing her glasses as she looks down and proceeds to take her pen and write on her notebook. "You already know, ji-chan... I don't have friends." She blankly says, face blank and stoic like most other times.