40: The Beauty Of Suffering

_______________

_______________

In any given moment, we have two options: to step forward into growth, or to step back into safety.

The human brain's design works and functions for many thingsㅡ memory, senses, nerves, actions and many more.

One of them is to protect it's hostㅡ more famously known as the fight or flight mode. The moment we feel pain, it sends a signal to our entire system to back away, followed by messages that can easily manipulate us.

We manipulate ourselves without knowing.

"This isn't safe. We will die. Walk away. Now."

We drink the poison our minds pour for usㅡ red like an addicting and intoxicating wine in a fancy glass.

It's normal.

It's a survival instinct to keep us aliveㅡ so we wouldn't go accidentally killing ourselves.

But when you let it control youㅡ let fear control your life, overthink of the worst case scenario... you become a slave to your own mind, to your own demonsㅡ tied an invisible leash around your own neck, pulling yourself back when you would stray too far at the edge of the cliff.

"You'll fall. Get back."

We fear to fall, knowing that when we look down, there would be a rocky bottom with harsh waves, enough to kill us at the moment of impact.

And since we let outselves be driven by fear, we forget to take a moment to stare at the crystal waters and setting sunㅡ we forget to awknoledge the beauty of everything that surrounds us.

Everything is beautiful. Even suffering.

...

Yuju stares at the area in front of her, bewilderment and disbelief were the only things Aizawa could describe the look on her face.

Her fingers shook, irises not being able to stay stil from the amount of nervousness she was feeling.

It was summer, but her entire body had ran coldㅡ as if every blood cell in her had suddenly stopped circulating.

She opened her mouth, tried to say something or let out a sound, only for nothing to come up.

It felt like she was being choked onㅡ something she couldn't see tightening around her neck and causing her to slowly suffocate.

She felt like she was going to throw up and pass out.

"An ice rink." Aizawa spoke for her.

He stood beside the shaman, patiently waiting in the last five minutes for his student to calm down and go back to her sensesㅡ at least just a bit. It's been awhile now but she was still like a statue. He understood her reaction, though.