34: The Person I Used To Be

NOTE: please read the new prologue of this story which is available on quotev. There are certain details that have been added and I will be following the new and rewritten version for future chapters. The beginning of this chapter may be confusing to alot of you.

 The beginning of this chapter may be confusing to alot of you

_____________________

Yuju hated sweating during the summer season; it made her feel hot and somehow claustrophobic with the feeling of sticky sweat coating every inch of her, her hair stuck to her skin and baggy clothes rubbing against her. It was annoying and it increased her frustration, the negative emotions she allowed herself to feel and show in that moment in front of a kind of person she despises to be in the presence of.

The twelve year old was sweating profusely, huffing out heavy breaths of air to her lungs as she stared at the tall white haired male across from her; clad in all black and a pair of round, black tinted glasses. She was practically scowling at him, the reminder of her being in the same room as a shaman made her disgusted of herself. And to think her brother was one of them now.

The world really had to spit at her every chance they get and ruin whatever was left of a normal life to her. Family, friends, Jujutsu; it all just kept getting worse. She didn't want to admit it. She didn't want this to be her normal life. That this is where she will always belong to. She wanted a life without curses, without sorcerers, without Jujutsu... she wanted a normal life with normal parents and a grandfather who's death didn't somehow get her back to the wrecked paranormal.

Is wanting to live like a normal child so hard to ask?

"You've completely healed." Satoru pointed out, the cuts and bruises that once littered the twelve year old's body had all completely healed and disappeared. "I don't get how you can do that.. is that Sukuna's reverse curse technique?" He leaned forward, though he didn't take his foot off of where they were.

Yuju snarled at his 'closeness', hostile as ever with everyone in Jujutsu Tech other than her brother. "None of your business." She spat out

Satoru frowned, "It is." He insisted, "I'm gonna be your official teacher next year and i'm practically your and Yuuji's guardian now that your last living relative is gone-"

"SHUT UP!" Her yell echoed in the empty training room, her petite and skinny figure shaking along with her bony hands forming into tiny fists. She glares at him, "It's none of your fucking business so stop poking your nose in places where it doesn't belong!"

The male sighed, took a step back and raised his hands in defeat. She had always been like this, he and everyone elseㅡ not even Yujiㅡ knew why she acted as such. She was an anti-social kid, everyone knew that even though she never admitted or found herself to be one, insisting that she had 'friends' outside the 'godforsaken prison'. But even if she was anti-social, that didn't make sense to her rude attitude towards everyone in just Jujutsu Tech. And while that is a normal sign for an anti-social individual, Satoru knew there was more to her aggressive behavior than just some disorder.