Stacks

"Money money money money money money money money money mother fucker," as the song went. Sunny always hated that song. Money, why should he care about money? What has money ever done for him?

Sunny wakes up, the manor is cold and empty, so unfitting of its large size. 

If she were still here it wouldn't feel so depressing.

Sunny opens his closet, looking through his collection of drip, gucci, nike, and so on.

All dressed up and nowhere to go as the saying goes. 

He considers buying another pair of jordans, maybe these would numb the pain, but he knew they wouldn't.

They never did.

Fancy clothes, fancy food, money was all he had. 

And it was totally useless.

There was a knock on the door, which Sunny didn't hear from the third floor. Kel sighs, annoyed at the fruitless extravagance. Always meant it was hard to find Sunny in the place. He rang the doorbell.

Sunny sits on the stairs, the stairs where… SOMETHING happened. He thinks to himself, should he, nay, dare he open the door?

The stairs are mahogany, wide with engraved handrails, elegant designs line the railings all the way to the floor, which is hard tile, yellow and brown in a repeating pattern. 

The floor, as his bare feet touch it, is cold and hard. So, so hard. Why couldn't they have carpet? Nice soft carpet would have prevented… SOMETHING. Why did they need to look fancy? What the fuck was the point?

Sunny flips on his jacket, black and large, drip as Kel would always jokingly call it. Why did anyone care about Drip? It never changed anything. 

He slips on a pair of yeezy shoes, first edition. With that he takes a deep breath, opening the door to see Kel with his wide smile.

"Hey Sunny!" Kel smiles, "Still got drip I see."

Sunny slams the door shut, annoyed at this response only for Kel to put his foot in the door, stopping it, "Sorry sorry. I know you hate when I joke about that. I just wanna talk."

Sunny opens the door silently as Kel explains, "It's been four years dude. I was wondering if maybe you would wanna tag along with me to grab a pizza? You're… You're very thin. Are you OK man?"

Sunny thinks for a moment. Why leave with Kel? What's going to change? He knows Kel will never forgive him. He doesn't deserve Kel's kindness. He heads back inside, only to see… SOMETHING at the top of the stairs.

Kel it is!

Sunny exits the house, walking past a large red ferrari in his driveway, his mom's car.

He looks at it and all he can think is, "Pointlessly extravagant car."

Kel and Sunny walk down the street, Kel inquiring as they walk, "So how you been Sunny?"

Sunny doesn't answer.

"I've been doing pretty good," Kel continues on as to break the awkward silence between them, "Hero is coming back from college tomorrow for the Summer. I'm sure he'll be happy to see you again. Basil… I haven't seen much of him but maybe he'll say hi to you eh?"

Sunny doesn't respond.

Basil…

He hopes Basil is OK, he hasn't seen Basil in such a long time. Basil always had the sweetest smile of the group, and he loved simple things, things money couldn't buy. A nice picnic by the lake, making flower crowns.

He was always good at tying knots…

SOMETHING lingers over Sunny, he freezes, just for a moment, before purging the image from his mind and carrying on to the pizza shop. 

The pizza shop is pizza as always, the duo walking by several tables packed with people. The smell of cheese fills the air as Kel walks in up to the counter.

Sunny thinks for a moment. This cash is worthless, but maybe he can make Kel smile at least. He gently nudges Kel, indicating that he wants to pay.

“You sure man?” Kel inquiries, “You really don’t have to if you don’t want to.”

Sunny does not move.

“If you insist,” Kel concedes with a smile.

Sunny points at the menu, ordering two pizzas without a word and paying for them. He then leaves with Kel unaware that him and Kel are being watched. 

“That kid had drip,” Kim comments to her brother, “Vance, let’s go.”

“I think Aubrey knows those kids,” Vance protests, “And, Kim, I get your desperation, but, this is wrong. This is more than petty shoplifting. This is strait robbery.”

“The jacket alone is worth two thousand dollars,” Kim retorts, “And we need it more than some rich brat does. It’s for the greater good, isn’t it?”

“I’ll go,” Vance sighs chugging down his soda and eating his last slice, “But just so you don’t get into trouble. Promise me one thing.”

“What?”

“If the cops ask, it was my idea.”

“Vance I-”

‘Promise me.”

“Fine. I promise.”

Kel and Sunny sit in the park, SUnny sits on a bench, thinking to himself. Why did he come out here today? Money cannot buy what he truly wants. Money can’t…

Make SOMETHING go away…

Kel sits by SUnny with a wide smile on his face, “Thanks for paying man! Here, I got you some Orange Joe.”

Sunny opens the soda, sipping it as Kel chugs his. Kel wolfs down a slice if pizza and then another. He stops and nudges Sunny, “Come on dude, grab a bite. You’re to thin to not be eating.” 

Sunny grabs a slice and begins to eat, stopping before a second slice as Vanec and Kim approach.

“Can you spot us?” Kim inquires, her tone showing that this is not a request, “It is… important.”

Kim pulls out the tip of a blade from her pocket, even Sunny realizing taht this is a stick up.

“Fuck you!” Kel yells rising to his feet, “This dude has suffered enough and then you try and mug him?”

Kel has become ANGRY.

“Maybe we should go,” Vance suggests, fear in his eyes.

“Relax some nerd and childish dude like Kel aren’t any trouble,” Kim retorts.

Vance pleads, starring right at the knife in Sunny’s hand, “Kim please that’s no normal nerd…”

“Sunny I got this you just-” Kel requests, only for Sunny to get up and reveal his knife.

“What in the fu-” Kim exclaims as Sunny charges...