What You Can't Buy

"Basil…" Sunny collects his voice, for the first time in four years he doesn't matter or wheeze. He speaks. Soft but stern. Out of love for his family, his girlfriend Aubrey, his boyfriend Basil, and… his sister whom he killed. He speaks clear as day, "I killed Mari. We need to tell the truth."

"Sunny," Basil assures with madness and despair in his eyes, "My sunshine… it was SOMETHING behind you…"

SOMETHING swallows Basil whole, he begins to cry.

Sunny is AFRAID.

"It's OK," Basil assures, "After this it'll all be OK… you can hate me… that's OK… I'll protect you, Sunny. Sunny…"

Basil lifts the shears and forces a smile to hide his fear.

Basil is AFRAID.

"I love you," Basil states, his voice shaking.

And he charges Sunny.

Sunny dodges the attack, realizing that Basil is not only a danger to him, but himself. He has to get the shears from Basil before it's too late. 

Sunny retaliates, shoving Basil back. Basil asks, sobbing, "Why… can't you see this is the only way? Aubrey will be OK…"

Basil once more slashes as at Sunny, who blocks with his arm. Crimson flows from the wound, his arm becomes warm and stained with the fluid. He tries to wrestle the shears away from Basil, almost getting them only for Basil to shove him away.

"Our family will be OK," Basil assures, "It's better we die here rather than make them endure the pain of killing us themselves. We know how that feels and you know they will when they learn the truth."

That's… not true.

Right?

He doesn't know.

He tries to CALM DOWN, but his lungs feel like fire. He can't breathe.

Maybe he just needs to FOCUS.

He tries to FOCUS on the shears and how to grab them, to just get the weapon and get help but…

The images of his family and his girlfriend Aubrey attacking him cloud his mind.

He just needs to PERSEVERE.

Sunny tries to PERSEVERE, but he can't take this anymore. He can't ignore the problem anymore and has to face it head on.

Sunny begins to hyperventilate. The weight of the truth and present danger to both him and Basil shattering his psyche…

Basil tries to assure him, just as he did back then, "Everything is going to be OK…"

Sunny recalls a moment, the moment Basil went home after hanging Mari where Basil said the very same…

"Everything is going to be OK."

And Sunny snaps.

Sunny is STRESSED OUT.

His vision blurs, his heart pounds. His head feels like it'll episode as his lungs scorch as if lit ablaze. His hands shaking he makes one final charge to grab the shears, only for Basil to push back, jabbing it into his eye. 

He can't see out of his  left eye anymore, but through the blood clouding his vision, he sees Basil crying. Falling to his knees.

Sunny calls out for help, his voice clear with resolve, but growing weaker with each shout. "Help! Help. Help…"