Final Duet+Author's Notes+Epilogue

Sunny did not succumb.

"I won't leave them," Sunny states, his voice full and proud, "I will not hide from the truth."

Sunny lifts his violin.

Sunny will not succumb.

And…

He plays that song. That final duet, a piano plays, the spectre of Mari smiling at her brother once more before she rests in the afterlife eternally. Each note a memory of their family and those love they love. But this duet must end, and Mari passes on with a final word, with that sweet smile she assures her brother, trying not cry but shedding tears, "I'll see you all later. It better not be soon…"

And she's gone.

Omori succumbs, fading away as Sunny embraces him.

And…

Sunny wakes up, crying. His eye is covered in gauze. The weight of everything is clear and now he can finally heal. They fan finally heal and if they do not forgive him so be it but as people he cares deeply for they all deserve the truth.

Sunny rises from his hospital bed, he looks around, spotting flowers of various types. He reads a note from one, "Get well soon my dude! We're waiting for ya!" -Mikhael

Another. "I know we met on bad terms but we would really love to see you get well soon!" -Vance.

Many more are like this from the hooligans and even…

"Please stay safe. You're a good kid. I'm here for you and the others." -Polly

Sunny exits his hospital room, his footsteps echoing through the sterile halls. He spots the name outside a room, "Patient 228: Basil."

He opens the door to see his family and two loves. Even Polly, all await Basil to awaken.

"You're awake!" Aubrey exclaims.

"What are you doing, you need to rest!" Henry adds, rushing to his side.

Sunny shakes his head and states, with no hesitation, "I love you all… but… I need to tell you something…"

Author's Notes

OK so this started as a joke half way half serious, no lie. Got more serious as it went though I did attempt to keep some humor such as Communist Humphrey (cause he's many cells working towards a collective) but this became almost full serious by the end.

Themes of anti capitalism were planned from day one. Money can't buy happiness. Money is a tool. Like any tool it can be used for good or evil, but greed corrupts and we see that with Sunny's parents and stuff. A society with enough food to feed all yet people still starve is a fucking failure. Fuck capitalism. Embrace democratic socialism.

The afterlife themes are a reflection of my own. I would argue something exists, but don't know or care what. The afterlife should be a reason to focus on life. You'll see them again eventually but they would want you to live a long and happy life first. So focus on life, no reason to dwell on it. Or if you're atheist, valid. I believe anyone good goes to Heaven or the better place regardless, and if God(s) doesn't care what you believe, why should I?

The poly ship is a means for fluff and representation. First step good male x male rep and some poly rep. I'm not poly  (I think? I'm not opposed to trying it but I've never dated one person let alone two.) That aside merely as an ethical obligation to represent poly people as they deserve proper representation, I did try to give proper rep. They deserve representation the same as anyone else. I'm sorry if I goofed it but I did my best and if I failed, tell me how to be better and I'm sorry. Also I found it a cute ship and could not decide which ship to fix which while not why I did it didn't hurt.