Bonds

The trio exit Basil's house to see Polly talking to Henry about some flowers, "Yeah, the lily symbolizes uhhh…"

"Youth and purity," Basil explains as he grabs a watering pail, gently drizzling the flower bed with just the right amount of water, "They're often used in mourning for those who died young."

"Oh you're OK," Polly greets Basil with a hug that Basil accepts, "I was worried."

"I'm going to hangout with my-" Basil hesitates, he wants to say family but isn't fully sure they'll accept him. He isn't certain that…

"Family," Kel speaks with total confidence as he wraps a brotherly one armed hug around Basil.

"Alright," Polly replies, "Have fun."

"I will," Basil assures with a smile before going off with the group.

Everyone in this group has something unresolved they need to face, and today, through their bonds, each will face this lingering issue and begin to heal.

The group passes by Kel's abandoned house. Kel recalls something, the incident from just the other day. 

They… they were going to kill him and Henry. The people who raised him were prepared to murder him for money.

"You OK?" Aubrey inquires, nudging Kel as she notes a sadness in his eyes. 

"I need to just…" Kel sighs, collecting his thoughts, "Grab something."

"Kel," Henry tries to reassure him, but Kel pulls away.

Kel assures, "I'll just be a moment."

Kel enters the house, once a home to him, now wrecked by the horrid acts that occurred, the table still sits shattered in the living room, broken like the family he once had…

"They were really going to kill me," Kel sighs, "Weren't they guys?"

The group falls silent, no one sure what to say as Kel breaks down crying, "My own family… was going to kill me."

"No," Sunny gasps out. "We… are family."

"My parents…" Basil sighs, "Aren't around, and they're probably not coming back, but… Polly is my mom to me. I'm sorry about them Kel but…"

"We're family fuck em," Aubrey smirks, giving Kel a one armed hug, "Let's be real they played favorites with Hero anyways."

"I never did feel loved," Kel admits.

Henry collects himself, this also hard for him but he knows he must speak, "I'm sorry I didn't see the warning signs. Them wanting me to be a doctor, not respecting my dreams of being a chef. When Mari died, they just ignored you and…"

"But they're not our family," Kel accepts, smiling now, "You guys are. I'm going to need to face this someday, we all have a lot to work through, but…"

"Together," Sunny assures.

Kel nods in agreement, "Yeah."

He turns to his family and declares, "Aubrey is right! Frick these guys!"

"Say fuck you coward!" Aubrey jokingly nudges her brother.

"Please don't," Hero nervously chuckles.

"Point is," Kel smiles, "I love you all as my family."

He grabs everyone in a wide hug, "And I will never let anything rip us apart."

Basil feels accepted in this moment, he looks at Sunny, and his joy is taken away as he sees SOMETHING behind him. A thought crosses his mind, a dark thought that he…