Bad Ending Two: Remain in Your Coma

Omori silently embraces Sunny, who accepts the embrace.

"I'm… sorry…" Sunny weeps, "Guys…"

And he's gone.

Omori nods at Jawsume who smiles that devilish grin. "Then go home dreamer," Jawsume smiles, "And remain in your coma."

The gators release Omori's allies, he feels something is missing that SOMETHING…

Doesn't matter anymore. He's free…

Mari's ghost looks at him from the corner of the room as he exits, disappointment in her eyes.

Omori waves to her, she scowls, saddened and angered by his choice and fades away. Omori shrugs if off, exiting with his friends…

Aubrey tries to nudge Sunny awake. "Morning sunshine," she smiles, "Come on. Henry made breakfast."

No response. She nervously chuckles, "Sunny? You awake?"

She gently shakes him but he doesn't stir. She begins to panic, "Sunny? Sunny wake up!"

The doctor explains at the hospital, Basil now present, "I am afraid he is comatose, and will never recover. As Henry here is the only legal adult that he has any connection to, I ask you. He will never wake up?"

A darkness fills the room, a heaviness in the air as the doctor asks, "Should we pull the plug?"

Before anyone can speak, Basil screams, "No!"

Basil's eyes go wide with fear, "NO! THERE HAS TO BE ANOTHER WAY!"

Aubrey reaches out to comfort Basil, who pulls away, yelling, "I can't lose him again!"

"Doctor?" Henry requests.

"I understand this is emotional," the doctor nods, "Please inform me when you've reached a decision."

The doctor leaves, Kel interjects, "Basil, this is hard on us all, but, Sunny isn't waking up."

"I've seen this before," Henry adds, "Sometimes people in poor health and high stress just, check out. Just stop waking up. I think the last few days count as high stress. At the very least, he can see Mari again."

"You can't prove for certain that's true!" Basil retorts, his hands shaking, desperation in his eyes, "I won't let you do this!"

"Basil…" Aubrey speaks calmly, keeping herself collected, "I don't like it either, we both love him, but we still have each other. I think we should just… move on."

"You just kill him to wash your hands of this!?!" Basil screams.

"No I-" Aubrey pleads.

"I'll protect you Sunny!" Basil screams in a fit of madness, "There's SOMETHING behind them! I'll protect you guys!"

Basil draws a pair of garden shears...

Variant A/Aubrey Ending: Move on with Me

Aubrey feels a sharp pain in her arm, blood drips from the wound, but Aubrey does not strike back. She knows that Basil is in a very dangerous mental state, and…

She hugs him. She assures him, "Everything is going to be OK. I still love you, and I'm still here. We all are."

The shears fall with a loud clang, Basil collapses into Aubrey's embrace as she assures her, stroking his hair, crying herself but maintaining composure, "This is the last person we have to lose…"