Never Let Go Again

Sunny awakens to desperate banging on the door, much to his annoyance. That dream was super fun. Still though, he does have a promise to Basil so, can't stay inside all day. 

He opens the door to see Kim…

Kim is AFRAID.

"Sunny I need two thousand dollars," Kim begs, Her voice shaking.

She tries to rob him, and then tries to demand money from him? How low can one sink? How disgusting can this money obsessed bitch be? This is what money reduces people to. God he hates money.

Sunny slams the door shut only for Kim to stop it with her foot and exclaim, "It's for Aubrey! Please!"

Sunny freezes, opening the door with a glare, starring right into Kim's eyes. If she has a good reason maybe she's not just a greedy fucker after all…

"Show…" Sunny demands.

"Show you?" Kim inquires, calming slightly,  "Yeah yeah come with me."

Kim leads Sunny through the town before the sun rises, commenting as they pass by the park, "You wanna grab your knife? Could be trouble ahead."

Sunny nods and walks towards where he dropped the knife yesterday, left untouched since then…

Sunny equipped the STEAK KNIFE.

Kim leads Sunny to a house unfit to live in, the home reeks of garbage even from the outside, Sunny gagging but collecting himself. The festering rot is worsened by the cool night air, cicadas crying out from everywhere but the house, the home not even fit for insects.

"Aubrey's mom isn't taking care of her," Kim explains, "But if I could hire a private eye or someone I could get her out of the picture and Aubrey could go somewhere better. I have one in mind but without the money-"

"Go." Sunny demands handing him the money.

"What about you?" Kim demands.

Sunny walks around to the back of the home. 

"Sunny?" Kim asks.

Sunny does not respond.

"Sunny!" Kim yells.

Sunny does not respond.

Seeing there is no stopping whatever he has planned, Kim rushes to get help…

Sunny is overwhelmed with worry upon seeing Aubrey's situation. This is dangerous. And he…

SOMETHING flashes in his mind.

He can't lose her too. He… won't…

Won't.

No matter what. 

He'll die before he loses anyone else.

Like… his mom…

He thinks of Aubrey's smile, another of the few things be wants, and another of the things money can't buy. 

Worthless paper.

He opens a window, inhaling deeply before he enters, the putrid fumes fill his nose, burning like fire in his nostrils, but he carries on, walking over a broken needle and shattered glass pipe before he spots a rickety rope ladder leading to a room…

The room smells of lavender and is much calmer. Spotting the guest, a small white rabbit makes honking sounds in its enclosure. Sunny pets it gently before turning to see Aubrey, fast asleep. He looks on the wall, seeing many photos of…