Ditching Drip

Sunny needs some fresh air, to just, think. He feels trapped, like the walls are closing in around him. As though the ceiling is lowering to crush him. He needs space.

Sunny exits into the cold night. Cold like the waters that almost took his life hours ago. He needs to collect himself and…

A thought occurs to him, that he needs to confront his fear and his mistake. He needs to look at those waters and know he was wrong. He just… needs that closure.

He doesn't realize as he approaches the lake that he is being followed, but that doesn't matter right now. For the moment he focuses on the water, this pond that has almost taken his life twice now. Once he was saved by his big sister, the second, by his big brother. 

And here he is again.

You are afraid of the others getting hurt if you die…

"Sunny yes?" A voice inquires. 

A teen around Sunny's age, taller than him with eyes hidden under blonde hair, greets him with a smile. He sits by Sunny, adjusting his series two green Yeezy jacket and allowing his NIKE shoes to dip into the water at the toes as his legs dangle off the dock.

Sunny nods.

He offers a handshake to Sunny, which Sunny hesitantly accepts, the hooligan explaining, "Kel told us about you. You're Aubrey's boyfriend or something. From what we've heard you seem pretty cool, but I have to ask… what are you doing here man?"

Sunny doesn't answer, unsure what to say. What is he doing? Really? Is he going to jump again? No, but he isn't sure what to do now. They're not here for the money, so when they learn about SOMETHING they're going to leave for sure right?

You are afraid of drowning…

But you refuse to hurt your family and loved ones.

"You could come hangout with us sometimes," The teen offers, "I mean, I get you have those you would call family but y'all can be buds with me and the rest of the hooligans."

Sunny smiles and nods, accepting this offer of companionship.

The teen elaborates, "You like money?"

Sunny shakes his head.

"Yeah I hate it too," the teen replies, "I felt what you once felt, Sunny. I tried to buy love with the hooligans, just as you did, but they rejected that money. They however, accepted me, but not as the rich Maverick, but as a brother, as Mikhael."

Mikhael smiles at Sunny and asks, "These fancy clothes are even that comfortable, when a hug from someone you love, be it as family or partner, is so much more cozy. Wouldn't you agree?"

Sunny nods, starting to feel like he's being… understood, that someone knows his pain.

"What say we," Mikhael smiles takes off his jacket, "Since you seem cool and all, denounce this. Neither of us like them much and we can do so as a… I guess a show of friendship and maybe when I get to know you better, it is something we will look back on as brothers."

Sunny smiles eagerly, removing his drip jacket. Finally someone who understands his pain! Who understands the futility of wealth! They both toss their jackets into the water, leaving the futile extravagance behind as a sign of their new friendship, and future friendships between his family and the hooligans.

"Come on," Mikhael requests kindly but sternly, "I do have to get you home you are a risk to yourself so I've been told by Kel not to leave you alone."