Love Between Three

Sunny is worried about Basil. He just wants Basil to be happy, just like Aubrey. 

Wait a second. What he feels for Basil isn't what he feels for Kel or Henry. It's the same form of love he feels for Aubrey.

He feels dishonest to Aubrey if he doesn't say it. He knows he wants both, but he doesn't feel that's possible.

Henry begins to request politely, "Do you think we could speak to him? I'm sure we could help in some way if we-"

Sunny is already gone, this time Aubrey, having learned from his past escapades, feels him pull away and silently follows him around back. Kel realizes that they're sneaking in to speak to Basil. He creates a diversion by stating to Polly, "We'll you should water his flowers then. Come on, we can at least help with that.

Basil sits in his room, crying. Aubrey grips her bat, before thinking aloud, "You know… I feel… safe at your place. I don't think I need this anymore, to act tough anymore."

Aubrey smiles and inquires, "Before I leave this fear from the past behind, why don't we give it one last swing?"

Sunny looks at Aubrey confused so she clarifies, "This bat… to me it's a symbol of my mom, that life of abuse and fear, but… I think that's over, and I wanna break free from that part and heal moving forward. Actually… I want you and Basil to break it with me. So let's go get our little flower boy."

Sunny nods in agreement. Aubrey smiles and breaks the window to Basil's room.

Basil jumps back, expecting SOMETHING to crawl through the window and finally end this life, but is actually overwhelmed with relief when he sees Aubrey and Sunny. Aubrey hops in with ease while Sunny needs an extra hand due to his frail frame, Aubrey pulling him through.

"Hi?..." Basil greets anxiously.

Sunny doesn't speak, he silently approaches Basil who anxiously explains, "I'm fine I'm not worth the trouble so you guys can just-"

Sunny hugs Basil, and he assures him, "I'm… not leaving you again… I love you."

Basil breaks down crying, hugging Sunny, Aubrey embraces both of them. They just, remain like this for a moment, in this warm embrace of mutual romantic love before Basil asks, "Sunny… Aubrey… can we talk about this?"

Aubrey nods, "Yeah Sunny? We need honesty. You love me and Basil not as family like we do Kel and Henry, but, romantically. And you love us both that way right?"

Sunny nods. She's gonna feel betrayed and be mad he falsely thinks such feelings can never work…

But Basil assures him, "And we both love you and each other. If we all three lobe each other can't we all just be together?"

Sunny is happy, he smiles melting the hearts of his two loves with the smile they've missed for four years as he explains, "I… love… you both. Let's all… love each other."

"Then…" Basil requests, his face red, "Can we hug again please? That was really nice."

Sunny knows smooching Aubrey made her happy so why not Basil too? 

He hugs Basil, Aubrey hugging the both of them, and kisses his forehead. The flower boy's face becomes the same color as a rose, he lets out an adorable flustered squeal. Aubrey hugs the duo tighter, finding the cuteness to much to withstand, she also steals a kiss from each. Their faces pink as her hair and the joy in their hearts as warm and soothing as this embrace they just… stay like this for a moment.

Sunny eventually remembers they have to get back to Kel and Henry.

"Brothers…" Sunny reminds.

Aubrey nods, "Shit. Right. We need to get back outside. You coming along, our little flower boy?"

Basil is flustered by this flirty nickname but manages to squeak out, "Sure thing bubblegum. Sunshine?"

Sunny melts at this nickname as Aubrey keeps her composure externally, internally wanting to just hug both of them again and kiss them on the cheek. She wants to just… hold them and sleep, like they did at the hangout spot.

Basil wants to smooch Aubrey and Sunny, to see them both smile and be happy, even if SOMETHING looms over her, he's happy in this moment.

Sunny is happy, and much like Aubrey, he really just wants to cuddle, maybe rustle Basil's or Aubrey's hair, their hair looks so soft. He wants to sleep peacefully, with no more Headspace and he wants to be free from SOMETHING.

Life is good for them. Aubrey requests, "I just… need to do one thing."

Aubrey grips her bat, wondering if she's truly safe, if the fear and abuse are finally over. She asks him, "Sunny, be honest with me. Are you safe?"

Sunny thinks for a moment, he knows it still crosses his mind, this desire to see Mari again, and with SOMETHING, she will hate him and Basil soon, but until he recalls it…

"Now…" Sunny assures in a half truth, his safety temporary until he learns what SOMETHING truly is, "Yes…"

Aubrey smiles, "Then… I'm finally safe. I'm finally free from fear."

Aubrey shatters the bat on her knee, shattering the pain of the past, the fear of her past, to look towards the future with her two loves and her family. She finally feels that everything is going to be OK.

Aubrey takes each of their hands, happily declaring, "Come on, let's go see the others. We're finally together again all of us…"

Aubrey forces a smile to hide the pain as she thinks of Mari, who can never come back, "Well… Everyone that can be."

Sunny sadly looks down at his feet. Why… why did SOMETHING have to happen? Why can't he remember what it was?

"It was SOMETHING behind you," Basil whispers, "Just ignore it. Everything is going to be OK. We can handle it soon…"

With that the trio, the soothing warmth of hand in hand easing their pain, exit Basil's room to move forward to the future, SOMETHING looming over Sunny and Basil as a part of the past that soon must be faced...