Stock Shark

The shark sits at his desk, he knows what's coming. But as Sweetheart explained he is just as alive as Sunny, as the dreamer of this dream. 

One could discuss the trials of this dreamer but at the end of the day they are hardly relevant to his goals.

They are still relevant to the dreamer himself however, and thus will be visited. 

The four stand outside the massive tower, a stock exchange from which bills rain down from above. 

Omori is disgusted by this paper, and grows more enraged as they walk down the halls of this place. Thousands of people buy and sell stocks, what is to him, basically gambling, and for what? Money? They play with the lives of others for their own greed, and what do they contribute to society? What services do they provide what goods to they produce? Omori wonders if he's missing something, but all he can see is greedy people moving money around for no reason aside from money itself, an ultimately fruitless endeavour. 

Hero declares, "Come on guys! Let's get this clam and go home!"

Omori looks around.

They're forgetting something…

Someone important…

"Basil…" Omori mutters.

"Weird time to bring up a plant," Aubrey replies hugging him to comfort him, sensing something amiss, "You OK?"

No…

This isn't right.

Something here isn't right!

SOMETHING…

He marches onward, blocking this out. He enters the office of the shark, who sits, speaking unaffected by the clam, "I've been expecting you… Omori… or should I say… Sunny?"

Gators rush in to grab Omori's friends, dragging them away, leaving the duo alone to speak as Kel calls, "Omori! Watch out!"

Omori reaches out as he watches his allies struggle against the goons, Jawsume speaks with conviction, "So the time has finally come, Humphrey told me everything dreamer. That we are alive, that if you seek the truth and reject it yet again, we will die again."

Omori grips his knife, spotting the clam in a glass case behind Jawsume.

"Three there are," Jawsume elaborates, "Three keys in the form of clams that lock the gate to the truth. Every clam you've broken is one of these keys. If you continue, our world will die. I had attempted to take these keys, this truth, for the good of our world, just as alive as your own, but you either desire truth or did not know you seek it. Either way, I offer you a choice."

Jawsume smiles wide, his mouth large enough to swallow the child whole, bite his head clean off, "Seek truth, or remain in a coma. Remain here in our world until such a time your body gives out. Then, you can maybe see the real Mari again. Sunny… do you wish to awaken to the truth, or enter eternal slumber?"

Omori's mind flashes to Green Space, he locks eyes with Sunny, the two have a choice to make…

Sunny ponders this choice. 

Is it so bad?

After all the pain.

The greed of Kel's parents.

The death of his sister.

The pain Aubrey endured.

His… feelings for both Aubrey and Basil that he understands more and more, and is unaware that the two are willing to accept. Maybe he can dream of that being accepted?

Is it so wrong to dream?

Yes.

Leaving reality also leaves those we love behind, and they will have a harder time coping without us.

And Sunny makes his choice knowing this.