A Broken Heart

**************************** FLASHBACK 6 MONTHS EARLIER **************************
Mackenzie's P.O.V
I was back earlier from work to celebrate Richie's birthday. The venue was all set up as well as my presents for him. Everything was going great for the two of us until recently when he began to get violent. Most nights I couldn't sleep with fear of him attacking me, mainly it's a slap but if he is drunk or angry he starts to throw me around like a ragdoll but it hasn't got worse than that yet. He does roar at me and calls me things like 'whore' 'bitch' and ''slut' and proceeds to tell me he knows that I am sleeping with his best mate, when really I'm not.

I enter the house and placed my coat on the rack and went to get ready for the night. I hope he doesn't get angry at me for trying to throw him a nice 19th, espeacially not infront of our friends and his family.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Its been two weeks since the party and he hardly looks at me. I don't know whether he is angry or in a good mood and that scares me. Richard arrives home from the night out with the boys and lets just say he is pissed and angry.

"WHERE WERE YOU????" He yells grabbing me by the hair into the kitchen. I go to say I was studying late in the library but he punches me in the face. I swear I can taste blood. He grabs the knife off the block and makes a go at me. I move but the knife digs into my arm. I scream at the top of my lungs and beg him to leave me alone. My head spins due to the blood loss. Richard grabs me again and tell me; "Next time you better not be late."  He used to be so caring and kind but now I don't know what's happened. Before I know it, he falls asleep and I am able to go back to Frankies apartment, saying I would get all my stuff tomorrow when he was at work.

********************************************* FLASHBACK****************************
Three months later I inherited my home. And that night was the last time I saw him. It was about a week later that I discovered from his mate Matthew that he was seeing his ex again and they were going to have a child. Apparently they were together for the last 3 months so for most of our relationship he was seeing someone else.

I heard a knock on my bedroom door. I hastly wiped my face while saying to them to come in.

James walked in and silently walked out to the balcony and wrapped his ams around me holding me close like he used to when I used to feel bad.

"I'm sorry Macy. I never meant to hurt you. I saw red and got so angry. I'm so sorry. I didn't I didn't  mean it. I just didn't want to know that my baby sister is a young woman now. I should never have hit you I was so upset that you stopped telling me everything that happened you like you always used to do" He said holding me tighter. I turned in his arms and cried. James sat there holding me closer. "What happened Macy?" Jay asked.

Sighing I pulled back and proceeded to tell him everything.

"Oh sissy. I'm sorry," he said sounding annoyed that he wasn't there to beat Richard up.

"It's not your fault. I might seem strong but I break like glass. He made my live a nightmare. You have no idea how worthless he made me feel when he used me. And the worst thing is I hate how much I miss him."

"He's not worth your love. Come on the lads are waiting. They are blaming themselevs because of the question especially Hazza. He's nearly in tears himself." James told me smiling. The smile on his face turned into a smirk. One smelling alot like trouble.

"NO. NO JAMES DON'T YOUR DARE!!!!!!!!!" I screamed but it was no good he was already up and hoisting me over his shoulder and running downstairs passing everyone in the living oom and out to the pool (yes my house has an outdoor pool) where he decided to jump into getting us both soaked. When we both resurfaced everyone was laughing at the sigh of us looking like two drowned rats, in Niall's words. It's nice having my brother back and maybe, just maybe, having his whacky friends around will be good too.

I hope.