Monsters & Mana/ The Colony

3rd POV

Two figures, a tall man and a small dwarf-like being, ran through the foggy forest, trying to escape something that was following them. That something happened to be a giant that spotted them in the forest.

"Get behind me!", the man exclaimed, "Seal of protection."

The man released his magic to protect them from the giant ogre in front them, but that seal had eventually broke.

"Hit it with your lightning bolt!", the small being yelled.

"Lightning Bolt!", the man yelled.

His magic staff had only released a small beam that was slowly charging towards the giant ogre. The beam only raised the ogre's hair with static electricity.

Both of the beings just chuckled nervously and ran away from the ogre, not knowing what else to do.

"You call that a lighting bolt?!", the small being exclaimed, "If you're the remaining hope for your village, they're doomed!"

"I'm a healer, not a fighter!", the man argued.

As the man spoke, he realized that he was lagging behind from the small being, so he used his staff to soar above the ground, placing the small being right behind him.

The ogre played a melody with the item that was hanging from his neck which played throughout the acres of land surrounding the three figures.

"Oh, no. That's the song of eternal slumber", the small being said, "Cast protection from sleep on yourself."

"Song of eternal slumber, Pidge? That's the--", 'Hunk' has said as his yawned interrupted him self, "How come you don't need it?"

"I'm a dwarf. Come on!", 'Pidge' answered.

"So sleepy.."

And right to sleep he went, leaving 'Pidge' in a predicament that she couldn't get herself out of. And the staff lead the two back to the giant ogre.

"You're going the wrong way!", 'Pidge' yelled to 'Hunk', hoping that he would wake up.

The ogre was just about to slay the two, but 'Pidge' had gotten herself and 'Hunk' out of the way quickly. 'Pidge' started to attack the ogre while 'Hunk' was still fast asleep. But to no avail, 'Pidge' was slammed to the ground, and before she was about to meet her doom, 'Hunk' used his staff to tie a bind around the creature to prevent it from hurting 'Pidge'. But his plan was to aim the ogre's fist at itself.

"Now!", 'Hunk' yelled.

"Got it!", 'Pidge' yelled back.

She leaped to the ogre's line of vision and slammed her ax into the ogre's face, causing it to punch itself and disappear in thin air, revealing a green crystal in front of them.

"Look. It's a crystal", 'Hunk' said.

"Weird, I've never seen an ogre drop a crystal like this", 'Pidge' said, "Let's take it back to the innkeeper, find out where the ogre got it."

"Oh, man. Come on", 'Hunk' complained as 'Pidge' grabbed the crystal and placed it into her pocket, "That's way on the other of the Wiebian Swamps. You know how scary and gross those are? Very, very scary and gross."

"Come on, you big baby. Your village got turned int stone. Do you want to save them or not?", 'Pidge' said to Hunk as she walked away.

"I mean, they're not, like, going anywhere. *sighs* All right, fine. But I'm not fighting ghosts this time. I'm just running."