Begin the Blitz/ A New Defender

Jay's POV

Now that we've gathered more allies in our coalition against Zarkon, we're trying to figure out what the next step in our plan would be. And Kolivan and Keith were video chatting with us right this moment. I haven't seen Keith since he left, so this was a first.

"Entire Galra fleets have been mobilized. Zarkon seems to be looking for Lotor as of now", Kolivan said.

"I guess it's because of the fact that he's not ready to give up his throne", I said.

I was trying my best not to be terrified of Zarkon as much as I have been. I may have to face him one day and I don't want my fear to be my downfall.

"It'll only be a matter of time before he gets the empire back in order. We need to take advantage of this moment", Shiro said.

"What are you getting at, exactly?", Allura asked.

"Now's the time that we assemble the coalition that Voltron has been building. With intelligence gathered by the Blades and the coalition observers, combined with Pidge's Galra tracking software, we have a detailed map of the Galra empire now. I've identified an intermittent line of coalition planets that runs through the territory. And, if you look closely, there's only one Galra-occupied planet left on that line."

"And what planet is that?", I asked.

"That's Naxzela", Allura answered.

"Exactly", Shiro said, "If we capture Naxzela and solidify that line, we can cut off all the Galra troops behind it from central command and use it to defeat them."

"Impressive", I commented.

"Wow! We could take back a third of the Galra Empire in one fell swoop", Pidge said.

"And since the Galra Empire was huge when we started, that would be a large amount of planets that are being saved."

"Do we have a plan for that?", Hunk asked.

"We attack several locations across the region, at once", Shiro answered, "First, we'll have to cut off communications between the region and Galra Central Command by striking the satellite relay station orbiting Vantax Five."

"Pidge and I can handle that", Hunk said.

"I can come with you guys", I said.

"The more, the better", Pidge said.

"The Blades have informed us of two Galra defense systems coming online called Zaiforge cannons. These cannons can strike any target within our combat theater. The first, in high-orbit around the planet Teq, will be attacked by coalition air forces led by Matt and Captain Olia. Kolivan will lead a Marmoran strike team against the second cannon, located on the surface of Senfama, which is vulnerable to a convert ground attack. We intend to take control of these cannons and use Zarkon's own firepower against him. Once the coalition forces and Blades neutralize these targets, the Galra defenses will be weakened, allowing us to take down the remaining Galra-occupied planets in this area. While our forces are taking control of the planets, Naxzela will already be under attack."

"By whom?", Allura asked.

"Voltron", Shiro answered.

"That's a really great plan Shiro", I commented.

"Aw, yeah! Team Voltron's gonna drop in Naxzela, form Hunk's giant laser cannon, and be all like, 'Pow! Pow! Pow!' Easy-peasy", Lance said as he put his arm around me.

"Um, Lance. I don't think it'll be that  easy. If Naxzela is the only Galra-occupied planet out there, then it's mostly likely to be heavily guarded by the Galra", I said.