Getting Through This and Finding a New Leader

^^^^^^^

Surprise Outfit

Jay's POV

Honestly, it's been hard since Shiro went missing. I wanted to believe that he's missing. And I also didn't want to deny that he's dead. I knew that was out there somewhere but I didn't know where. Keith wasn't taking it well either. I couldn't blame him because Shiro was his father figure. He would out for many days just to find him. Even if it was no luck, he wasn't giving up on him.

And today was one of those days. 

While Keith was still looking him, with the help of Allura and Coran, the rest of us stayed behind. 

Coran said that we had something to do with the Cubserions, so I had to 'look my best' for the event. He sent me to Allura's room so that I can have an idea of what to where for tomorrow.

"I think I should wear something other than blue this time", I suggested.

"I have many other dresses in many different colors. You can look through and see which one you like best", Allura said.

I thanked her and looked into her closet. I already knew that she had many dress because what princess doesn't (other than myself)? As I looked through her closet, one caught my eye. It was a long red dress with long sleeves and the shoulders showing. It was really beautiful. I tried it on, looked in the mirror and then went to Allura.

"What do you think?", I asked.

Allura turned around and looked at me in awe

"It's looks beautiful on you", she answered honestly.

I smiled at her and said thanks. She was in her regular gown that she had on the first time we met, but she was sniffing it. She stopped when Coran walked in.

"What's wrong with your gown?", I asked.

"I'm just worried that it smells a bit musty", Allura said, "It has been a while since I've had to look presentable to anyone."

"It's okay. It's my first time having to."

"Besides, the Cubserions have declared independence after a thousand years of oppression, so they probably won't even notice", Coran said.

"So why am I getting all puffed up like a Trufalian meringue?", Allura asked, "This is going to be a serious diplomatic meeting."

I wanted to ask what the meringue thing was, but just ignored it. There's a lot in this universe I don't know anyway.

"Remember, 70 percent of diplomacy is appearance", Coran said, "Then 29 percent is manners, decorum, formalities and chit-chat."

"Then, what's the one percent?", I asked.