Keith's Big Reveal

Jay's POV

After the events from yesterday, I thought things would die down for just a bit, but I guess not. Everyone has been very protective of me recently. Such as asking me if I'm okay or if I needed anything. I would be lying if said that I was fine. 

Speaking of which, after Lance kissed me that night, I wanted to make nothing was awkward between us, no matter how many times everybody asked what happened. 

But right now, all of us were in the bridge and about to find the Blade of Mamora headquarters. Shiro told me that he was able to have a stronger bond with the Black Lion and now we were able to work again.

"Coran, how soon will we get to base?", Shiro asked.

"Based on the coordinates the Ulaz gave us, we should be there in about a few doboshes", Coran answered.

"I can't wait to see it!", Pidge said in excitement, "They were able to fold space-time, and that was just at an outpost!"

"A space taco. It left us too soon", Hunk said, getting off topic.

"Well, yeah, but the point is, imagine how amazing their home base would be!"

"It's probably more incredible than we though it would be", I said facing Pidge.

"Exactly. It could take any shape, like a space jelly doughnut or even long like a space eclair. Or a space cheese blintz with a cherry sauce on top. Maybe a little dusting of powdered sugar. That's the stars", Hunk said, knowing that it's making him very hungry.

"Now I'm hungry for breakfast!", Lance whined.

"Guys. We're on a serious mission right now. Focus", Keith said.

In the background, I could hear Lance mocking Keith, probably irritated. I snickered at his attempt.

"The base in range now", Coran said.

"Take us in slowly", Shiro said.

As we did, in front of us now was two black holes and what seems like a planet in between of them.

"Is that a black hole?", Hunk asked.

"No, no, no", Coran said, "It's two black holes and a giant blue star."

"That doesn't make it any better", I said.

"No kidding. Just inside a black hole, the temperature is one-millionth of a degree above absolute zero. While on the outside is hundreds of millions of degrees Celsius", Pidge explained.

"Wow. No wonder why it's so dangerous just to be inside of one and why you don't exactly get a signal with trying to contact any spacecraft", I said.

"That's right", Shiro said, encouraging me.

I smiled because I'm glad I've spent years of studying.

"So it's like you try to nuke a frozen burrito in the microwave, and it comes out all scorching hot on the outside, but it's still frozen in inside", Hunk said.

"Great! Now I'm hungry for lunch!", Lance complained.

Before I could say anything, Keith beat me to it.

"Guys, be quiet!", he yelled, "Coran, where's the base located?"

"In between those three celestial objects", Coran answered.

"It's seems like the perfect defensive position", Pidge said.

"Or maybe the perfect trap", Allura argued.