A Semi-Day Off

Jay's POV

All we could was Zarkon's ship floating above us and all I could think of right now is how was he able to find us. My heart felt like it was about to start beating and my blood ran cold. I tried my best not to think about my experience with him as a prisoner. I backed up into Allura, who was behind me, and I thought she figured that I was scared because she held me tight.

"H-H-How did he find us?", I asked as I trembled.

"His commanders probably contacted him while they were in Olkarion", Keith answered.

"We need to wormhole and keep some distance between us and Zarkon", Shiro demanded.

As he said that, we all went to our station and set course to leave until Zarkon's ship started to shoot at us. I fell to my knees and trembled in fear, ignoring everything us out. My vision started to get blurry and my breathing became irregular.

"Jay's having a panic attack!", I heard Pidge say faintly.

Along with my PTSD, I've been having random panic attacks as well every time I'm reminded of my abuse and my torture. I always felt afraid. Afraid that I might be back with my foster parents again. Afraid of what would have happened if Hunk hadn't found me when I felt like I was on the verge of dying.

While I was still in my mode, I felt arms wrap around me. I knew it was Shiro because he knew what to do when I'm in a panic. I heard him yelling hurry up. Things were a blur but I saw little drones shooting at the Galra. I felt the ship leaning left and right until everything was calm again. I was still whimpering and shivering like a two-year-old. Shiro was whispering in my ear that everything was going to be fine.

"I-Is he gone now?", I asked.

"Yes. It's alright now", Allura answered for me.

I had trouble getting back on my feet, but I was able to manage.

"I really need to get over this. I won't be able to fight if I'm always afraid", I said as tears streamed down my face.

"It's gonna take some time. I promise", Shiro said as he placed his hand on my back.

When I looked out of the window and wiped my tears, I saw many space boulders, it seems.

"What are those?", I asked.

"It looks like an icy graveyard", Hunk said to no one in particular.

After a short while, Allura collapsed, due to exhaustion. I ran to her and helped her sit up.

"Are you okay, Allura?", I asked with worry.

"You must've use all of your energy. I'll go check on the main turbines and see what's--", Coran started to say until he slipped on... sweat?

As he did, Coran rammed himself into the wall.

"Whoa! Are you alright?", Lance asked.

"I'm... I'm fine. I must've... slipped... on a wet spot on the floor. Someone! Clean this up!", Coran answered, trying to lie.

"Coran. It's seems that you have the slipperies", Allura said.

The... what??

"What?? No way! That's an old person virus and I'm not old! I'm young!", Coran yelled.

"Yeah.. sure", I muttered.

"What exactly are the slipperies?", Lance asked Allura.

"It's a common Altean virus that happens... well... later in life. It isn't harmful and can last several days, but it causes one's body to secrete extremely slick fluid", Allura explained.