Chapter 1: Prince Louis

Louis's POV

Louis; 'renowned warrior'. I was far from it. Every person held their own beliefs about who I was. I guess that is to be expected when your mother and father are known all over the world as the King and Queen of England. Not only that, but they are also the monarch of the commonwealth.

As their first-born son, heir to the throne, I was depicted and examined by every person, newspaper, and creature to roam the Earth. They didn't know me, but they felt as though they had the right to portray who they thought I really was. Some was good; some was bad.

What they thought was a bitchy teenager, or a stubborn rich kid, was what I used to hide. I hide my feelings, my thoughts, my fears. If they really knew who I was, I would not be their 'warrior' but their fallen soldier.

People say that I can't complain. I don't exactly have a difficult life with the money and palace and future ahead of me. But that's what they don't understand. I don't want any of it. I haven't looked at my bank account balance in three years since I was given full access at sixteen. And I don't think about the palace as just that, a palace. It is my home, yet I still don't belong.

Mother said that she thought it was down to the fact that I haven't found someone to settle down with yet. She thinks I need someone to love and rely on. Maybe she's right, but I couldn't do that to myself. I couldn't live everyday wondering if they really loved me or if they just wanted to date a prince.

Lightning was who kept me sane. He was an American Quarter horse, his light grey hair shined under the moonlight each evening. At 19 hands, approximately 6"3 feet, he stood way taller than 5"7 me. I always felt as though he took care of me, like he was the older sibling I never had.

My sisters, the princesses, were are lot happier than I am. Lottie is twelve, Felicity eight, and the twins, Daisy and Phoebe, are six. Mother had two miscarriages in the seven-year gap between me and Lottie which worked out rather well in the end. Father was crowned King three months after Lottie was born and as a result his schedule was flooded with royal duties. I had become almost like a second father figure to my sisters, and our bond was unbreakable.

I argued with Mother and Father a lot about many things. I guess that's what secured me my reputation. We had a butler a few years ago that sold a story to the press saying how he couldn't sleep whilst the screams of our voices echoed around the house. What a load of bullshit. It's safe to say that Father found out who it was, and they were fired the following day. After that, new rules were put in place for the staff of the house.

The ground floor was dedicated to the servants. No one was allowed in any other part of the house unless they were privately hired, such as tutors, maids and private secretaries. That reminds me; Roman. The guy follows me everywhere, takes care of my meetings, but most importantly is the only friend I have. At nineteen, I am no longer in education and am at a bit of a loss with what to do with my life.

I have many options of what I could do with my time. I like to ride a lot, obviously, but I also don't have a bad singing voice. I taught myself guitar during my mid-teens, and everyone knew not to bother me when they could hear it being played from my room. I guess you could say I only ever played when I was sad or angry.

No-one knew the true reasons behind my emotions. I always came up with excuses. They started out being quite convincing, but I soon gave up bullshitting people. I didn't care if they knew I wasn't feeling great; it wasn't like they could force me to tell them what was wrong. So, they just left me alone.

I don't know if this was a good thing or not. Sometimes it let me clear my head. Other times it led me to do things that I regretted afterwards. I battled an eating disorder when I was fourteen. The media was telling me to starve myself, saying I was too fat to be part of the family. My parents should abandon me, or I should be forced to abdicate when Father died.