Chapter 18: Walls come crashing down

Louis's POV

We had soon been there for two whole weeks. It was odd. At some points I felt as though we had spent months there. I guess that's just how Harry makes time stop and memories hang around us. But it also felt as though we were chasing time, like I couldn't get enough of him.

I set up our inflatable cinema screen out in the garden in the middle of week three. The way Harry smiled and jumped into my arms caused my heart to beat in sync with his as I carried him onto the pillows I had laid out. We watched 'The Notebook' as he nestled into my chest and I played with his soft curls.

To be honest, I didn't really watch the film. I just enjoyed seeing my boy happy; that was enough for me. Once the final credits rolled out, Harry pulled me onto his body, and I tapped his arm playfully whilst pretending to be mad at him.

"I love you, Louis Tomlinson."

"I love you too, you sap." I grinned and lent down to capture his lips in mine, wanting dominance. He still overwhelmed me; the power that he held over the rate of my breathing or how fast my blood ran through my veins. "I'm never letting you go," I whispered as I buried my head into the crook of his neck.

"I wouldn't let you even if you tried."

We stayed in our embrace for a while just content in the other's touch. Harry was drawing patterns over my back and I shuffled down his body slightly to rest my hand on his chest and my chin on my hand. It was quite an odd angle to look at Harry through, the inside of his nose completely visible, and we both laughed at the exchange.

"Put your hand under your chin, babe. You're tickling my chest." He laughed gently to himself, but his happiness soon disappeared when I climbed off him abruptly and ran inside.

Harry's POV

Louis was so much more to me than just a boyfriend. He was my best friend, my world, my everything. He set up such a romantic date and I loved the way we could just be. We didn't have to be constantly snogging or have sex every night to feel close to each other. A simple touch or cuddle was enough to show our love. That's how I knew he was the one.

I pulled him onto my chest once the movie had finished. Feeling his body on top of mine was one of the best feelings in the world. He was so small and light but kept me warm and I felt so safe.

"I love you, Louis Tomlinson." I kissed the top of his head and wrapped my arms tighter around his lower back. He had two small dimples at the bottom of his spine that I loved dipping my fingertips into. He was a little ticklish and he made the cutest giggles when I touched him right.

"I love you too, you sap." He grinned and lent down to kiss me with so much love I melted. I could feel the increase of his breathing as he shared my oxygen, and his heartbeat thumped firmly against my chest.

"I'm never letting you go," he whispered as he buried his head into the crook of my neck.

"I wouldn't let you even if you tried."

It was true, I meant every word. I was slowly coming to terms with Louis's life and how I fitted into it. He made every possible excuse to have me by his side as an equal, and even though I knew some people may not see me as such, I knew that he did. His approval, along with his family's, was all I needed to be happy.

"Put your hand under your chin, babe. You're tickling my chest." I laughed slightly as his stubble brushed against my skin but soon stopped when I caught sight of his face. He pushed himself off my body and ran inside before I could register what was happening, wiping his tears from the side of his face. I jumped to my feet and followed him, confused and scared.